I think the MVC lost a tournament bid tonight

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: I think the MVC lost a tournament bid tonight

Postby Haha » December 3rd, 2012, 4:49 pm

This is a retarded conversation.

Winning on the road at VCU is a good win.

CU beating St. Joes is a good win.

Wisconsin and Iowa on neutral floors I would actually put about on same level this year. Wisconsin probably better but they lost 3 times this year, once on their home court. Looking over the BIG this year I would guess Iowa and Wisconsin will actually finish quite close in the league standings, somewhere closer to the bottom BUT these are the teams you want to have scoreboard over if you're a bubble team.

ASU was a good win for same reason but I will counter that with CU losing a home game they should have won and WSU picking up a road victory at AFA.

All this however is GARBAGE talk.

The bottom line is both CU and WSU has done what is needed so far to be in at large contention. Obviously that can change with just a few games but as of right now they are the only two in the Valley getting it done.

ISU red is close but that loss to NW was a real kick in the nutz, still have some opportunities. UNI needs to beat a team with a winning percentage over 30%. Drake has had some close ones, they got the ball rolling with a road win at Nevada, need to show SMC whats up.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MVCfans » December 3rd, 2012, 4:52 pm

CU and WSU have positioned themselves well. Illinois State has earned some positive accolades, but to get into the tournament will require them to improve their resume still.

Oh by the way, we still have 3 months left in the regular season for things to be determined. I'm really looking forward to what should be an awesome conference slate.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 3rd, 2012, 9:21 pm

shoxrox wrote:I don't think that point is really relevant either. Are we really comparing VCU to Utah State? I think it's pretty clear what the merits of VCU have been lately and where they have been projected going into the year. Anybody watching them in Atlantis probably should say to you that they are a pretty good team. Lets face it. It's the reason WSU is ranked right now.

Yeah, if VCU's home record is as good as Wufan claimed (I didn't independently verify the claim), then yes, comparing Utah St and VCU would be a legit comparison. When the topic is home court advantage, why wouldn't it be? Why is the comparison so offensive?

I don't know how to read VCU. Their defense will keep them in a lot of games, but they can struggle scoring. Their only quality win so far is against Memphis, who has lost every game they played against teams with winning records. VCU's other wins are against an 0-4 Winthrop and Florida Gulf Coast.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheAsianSensation » December 3rd, 2012, 10:27 pm

I think we'll be fine. One look at all the W-L records compared to the other conferences...we'll be helping each other's SoSs soon.

2 bids was the consensus going into the season and I see no reason to change it. The chance of WSU/CU blowing a bid is probably equal to the chance of a surprise tourney winner or emergence of a IlSU or someone else.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball