WSU vs Air Force 4 pm 12/2

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: WSU vs Air Force 4 pm 12/2

Postby shoxrox » December 2nd, 2012, 6:17 pm

Well, we held up our end in the Challenge. Definitely not an easy one, but not all the good teams look good all of the time. You take the 8-0, you take the win at 6,000 feet above sea level, and you get the hell out of there.

The Air Force Academy is going to win some games in the MWC I think. They are not a bad team. They're a team WSU and the top half of the Valley should handle, but they're definitely Top 100 material.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Haha » December 2nd, 2012, 6:30 pm

shoxrox wrote: They're a team WSU and the top half of the Valley should handle, but they're definitely Top 100 material.

I just wonder when they are not at home how they will do in the MWC. Hopefully they finish mid pack in the MWC but I look around at that league and I just don't know. I would say they are a mid pack MWC team at best and I will hope for the best.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shoxrox » December 2nd, 2012, 6:37 pm

Haha wrote:I just wonder when they are not at home how they will do in the MWC. Hopefully they finish mid pack in the MWC but I look around at that league and I just don't know. I would say they are a mid pack MWC team at best and I will hope for the best.

I just realized they were picked last in the MWC. If that is what the last place team looks like in that conference, then they deserve even more credit than they already get. I agree though. With the surge of Boise State and the other strong programs there, it'll be difficult for them to make inroads in that conference. They were very competitive at home in conference play last year though.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ace Dad » December 2nd, 2012, 6:59 pm

Good job WSU. Top 25 here you come.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » December 2nd, 2012, 7:18 pm

nice win
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » December 2nd, 2012, 7:18 pm

shoxrox wrote:
Haha wrote:I just wonder when they are not at home how they will do in the MWC. Hopefully they finish mid pack in the MWC but I look around at that league and I just don't know. I would say they are a mid pack MWC team at best and I will hope for the best.

I just realized they were picked last in the MWC. If that is what the last place team looks like in that conference, then they deserve even more credit than they already get. I agree though. With the surge of Boise State and the other strong programs there, it'll be difficult for them to make inroads in that conference. They were very competitive at home in conference play last year though.

MWC will easily be a top 6 conference this year, that conference is tough from top to bottom.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby C0|db|00ded » December 2nd, 2012, 9:26 pm

Oxygen FTW! The altitude was definitely a factor as one of our star players mentioned that it really bothered him. Also our team has been fighting various illnesses recently so it can't help to run your arse off where the air is rare. Then to top if off, Carl Hall has a minor heart condition. That kind of lingered in the back of my mind. I'm glad it didn't appear to slow him down.

Had EO played, the game wouldn't have been so close.

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball