New Site Admin / Moderator added

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: New Site Admin / Moderator added

Postby MVCfans » January 13th, 2013, 3:08 pm

I took the site offline for a short while this afternoon to make some administrative updates - thanks to pafan for his assistance. I spoke with DUb earlier in the week and he has assumed the Admin duties for the site. If you have issues or concerns, please send him a PM.

After consulting with DUb and briefing the moderators earlier today, we have also decided to give administrative privileges to Oscar. He has been a long time lurker on the site and contacted me some time ago in the event that I ever wanted to step away from the message board. Based on our conversations, I expect that you might see some changes to how things operate here. I trust that the board is in good hands and I thank the moderators for the time in it's formation and management. I won't be disappearing, but will spend less time on the message board. I will continue, however, to provide some content (ie, power rankings, etc) on The MVC Report.

I will be in STL for Arch Madness and would enjoy meeting any of you who might be attending. Enjoy the season.

Thanks again-
Chris
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 13th, 2013, 8:44 pm

MVCfans wrote:I took the site offline for a short while this afternoon to make some administrative updates - thanks to pafan for his assistance. I spoke with DUb earlier in the week and he has assumed the Admin duties for the site. If you have issues or concerns, please send him a PM.

After consulting with DUb and briefing the moderators earlier today, we have also decided to give administrative privileges to Oscar. He has been a long time lurker on the site and contacted me some time ago in the event that I ever wanted to step away from the message board. Based on our conversations, I expect that you might see some changes to how things operate here. I trust that the board is in good hands and I thank the moderators for the time in it's formation and management. I won't be disappearing, but will spend less time on the message board. I will continue, however, to provide some content (ie, power rankings, etc) on The MVC Report.

I will be in STL for Arch Madness and would enjoy meeting any of you who might be attending. Enjoy the season.

Thanks again-
Chris

Just make sure this Oscar guy understands that the best admins (like referees) are seen but not heard. If this guy comes in trying make a name for himself and disrupts the natural order of things (like asiansensation did the other day), this place is going to become a ghost town again really quickly. I've worked hard to get Shocker fans to come back over here. Everything is running fine right now

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Oscar » January 13th, 2013, 8:57 pm

C0|db|00ded wrote:
MVCfans wrote:I took the site offline for a short while this afternoon to make some administrative updates - thanks to pafan for his assistance. I spoke with DUb earlier in the week and he has assumed the Admin duties for the site. If you have issues or concerns, please send him a PM.

Thanks again-
Chris

Just make sure this Oscar guy understands that the best admins (like referees) are seen but not heard. If this guy comes in trying make a name for himself and disrupts the natural order of things (like asiansensation did the other day), this place is going to become a ghost town again really quickly. I've worked hard to get Shocker fans to come back over here. Everything is running fine right now

T

I do not intend to post on the board but you will receive a message from me or one of the admins if there are problems that need to be addressed. After the racist posts we saw last week and the comments made tonight I will be adding a new rule that explicitly prohibits posts about race on this board. These young men are student athletes representing their school and the MVC and there is really no place for it on this board.
Oscar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 14th, 2013, 9:35 am

Oscar wrote:
C0|db|00ded wrote:

Thanks again-
Chris

T

I do not intend to post on the board but you will receive a message from me or one of the admins if there are problems that need to be addressed. After the racist posts we saw last week and the comments made tonight I will be adding a new rule that explicitly prohibits posts about race on this board. These young men are student athletes representing their school and the MVC and there is really no place for it on this board.

Hate speech with regards to race is harmful, but discussions about realities that involve race can simply be the truth. Know the difference.

A friendly tip: stick close to DUBulldog, he knows how to run a message board.

T

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball