New Site Admin / Moderator added

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby MVCfans » December 3rd, 2012, 10:00 pm

A couple of years ago, I started this message board with the hope of encouraging dialogue between the fans of the Missouri Valley Conference. I enlisted the assistance of several individuals to be moderators and I am grateful for their assistance. Admittedly, it is difficult at times to moderate a board like this and we've had our share of bumps in the road along the way. Is it perfect for everyone? Of course not. However, I am happy with the overall state of the message board and I appreciate the contributions of the mods and all participating members.

As we near the conference basketball season, I am excited to be a part of The MVC Hoops Show that will be debuting later this month. The MVC office has been very supportive and we hope that you enjoy the show in those areas where the show will be aired. With my time commited to that project, I am happy to announce that DUBulldog has agreed to assume responsibilties as a Site Administrator. I think everyone will agree that he has been a asset to the board and will make an excellent Admin.

Additionally, Andrew (aka, TheAsianSensation) - the MVCFans.com realigment expert, has agreed to take on responsibility as a forum moderator. Please welcome him also.

I hope to see you somewhere in the Valley this season and would love to meet as many of you as possible in St. Louis at Arch Madness. We plan to have a live show during the tournament so we'll keep you posted on the show as more details become available.

Thanks-
Chris
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: New Site Admin / Moderator added

Postby Ace Dad » December 3rd, 2012, 10:49 pm

Chris, you did a helluva job and you had the right temperament to deal with a bunch of over-crazed, ill-logical basketball fans.

Thanks.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby carrcar » December 4th, 2012, 7:41 am

Ace Dad wrote:Chris, you did a helluva job and you had the right temperament to deal with a bunch of over-crazed, ill-logical basketball fans.

Thanks.

Ditto.
carrcar
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby getreal4 » December 4th, 2012, 12:07 pm

Excellent job with this site, great choices for admins, and I wish you best of luck with the new show!
getreal4
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ali » December 4th, 2012, 1:04 pm

MVCfans wrote:With my time commited to that project, I am happy to announce that DUBulldog has agreed to assume responsibilties as a Site Administrator. I think everyone will agree that he has been a asset to the board and will make an excellent Admin.

Uh oh. There goes the neighborhood! Seriously though great job and good luck.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » December 17th, 2012, 9:17 pm

One quick update: I am in the process of transferring all of the administrative permissions to DUbulldog. I will continue to post content on The MVC Report and hope you will listen to The MVC Hoops Show which will begin airing on Dec 29.

As of today, Omaha, Wichita, Des Moines, Evansville, and Bloomington/Normal will be broadcasting the show at various times each Saturday during the conference season. We will also have a podcast that we will post a link to. We will be in STL for Arch Madness and plan to have a live show, likely from the Sheraton bar/lounge - perhaps Thursday night. The MVC is coordinating that for us and we will keep everyone posted as information becomes available. I would encourage you to follow @MVCfans and @MVCHoopsShow for updates.

Thanks again and see you in STL.

-Chris
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Jays26 » December 17th, 2012, 9:29 pm

MVCfans wrote:One quick update: I am in the process of transferring all of the administrative permissions to DUbulldog. I will continue to post content on The MVC Report and hope you will listen to The MVC Hoops Show which will begin airing on Dec 29.

As of today, Omaha, Wichita, Des Moines, Evansville, and Bloomington/Normal will be broadcasting the show at various times each Saturday during the conference season. We will also have a podcast that we will post a link to. We will be in STL for Arch Madness and plan to have a live show, likely from the Sheraton bar/lounge - perhaps Thursday night. The MVC is coordinating that for us and we will keep everyone posted as information becomes available. I would encourage you to follow @MVCfans and @MVCHoopsShow for updates.

Thanks again and see you in STL.

-Chris

In St. Louis you need to be at the Hyatt....that is where all the action is at! And you always know it will last till Sunday!

:Cheers:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » December 17th, 2012, 9:37 pm

Jays26 wrote:In St. Louis you need to be at the Hyatt....that is where all the action is at! And you always know it will last till Sunday!

Sheraton is the media hotel and Mike Kern said he thought we would do a live show from the bar there. All things subject to change, however.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby pafan » December 17th, 2012, 10:14 pm

Good luck with the show. Will you be announcing the exact times and stations soon?
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby MVCfans » December 17th, 2012, 10:16 pm

pafan wrote:Good luck with the show. Will you be announcing the exact times and stations soon?

Yes, I think we know times and stations except for Omaha. I believe WUEV will be airing before the weekend Aces' game each week or at least that was the last I'd heard.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball