Bryer boomerangs at SIU

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bryer out at SIU

Postby Jet915 » December 4th, 2012, 4:33 pm

DawgieStyle wrote:I would just like to warn the posters of MVCfans to be wary of dean_siu. He was recently banned from salukitalk for his antics, which tend to be in the form of a false character still advocating on the behalf of Chris Lowery.

Over the course of the last several years, he has made outlandish post on Salukitalk about his support for Lowery, how he was a great coach, should still be coach, and on and on. It's an act. Please don't be sucked into it.

I know MVCfans is striving to be a better board than Valleytalk ever was, and trust me, dean_siu won't help you do that.

As far as the Breyer situation, who knows. Just another day in the soap opera that is saluki basketball lately.

Soap opera, atleast you guys are winning some games this year.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DawgieStyle » December 4th, 2012, 4:44 pm

Jet915 wrote:
DawgieStyle wrote:I would just like to warn the posters of MVCfans to be wary of dean_siu. He was recently banned from salukitalk for his antics, which tend to be in the form of a false character still advocating on the behalf of Chris Lowery.

Over the course of the last several years, he has made outlandish post on Salukitalk about his support for Lowery, how he was a great coach, should still be coach, and on and on. It's an act. Please don't be sucked into it.

I know MVCfans is striving to be a better board than Valleytalk ever was, and trust me, dean_siu won't help you do that.

As far as the Breyer situation, who knows. Just another day in the soap opera that is saluki basketball lately.

I think I maybe being misunderstood. I am completely happy with Barry Hinson as our coach. Ecstatic to be honest, I was advocating for him as the replacement for Lowery for months before Lowery was fired.

He's the perfect answer for our current situation of needing to revive a completely depressed atmosphere. He's pushing all the right buttons so far. At the same time, most of us realize that as far as wins and losses go once we enter conference games, it's going to be a long year, but that's ok, we know what to expect.

As long as we get better, the fans start to come back, and Barry continues to foster a positive environment not only with players, but with the fans, this season will be a success. My opinion is and has been that Barry was the perfect hire to for our current situation. I'm happy, and wins don't hurt at this point either.
DawgieStyle
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » December 4th, 2012, 5:23 pm

DawgieStyle wrote:
Jet915 wrote:

I think I maybe being misunderstood. I am completely happy with Barry Hinson as our coach. Ecstatic to be honest, I was advocating for him as the replacement for Lowery for months before Lowery was fired.

He's the perfect answer for our current situation of needing to revive a completely depressed atmosphere. He's pushing all the right buttons so far. At the same time, most of us realize that as far as wins and losses go once we enter conference games, it's going to be a long year, but that's ok, we know what to expect.

As long as we get better, the fans start to come back, and Barry continues to foster a positive environment not only with players, but with the fans, this season will be a success. My opinion is and has been that Barry was the perfect hire to for our current situation. I'm happy, and wins don't hurt at this point either.

Without an ounce of reservation, I hope Coach Hinson works out well for you.

I would not mind, if the Doggies of the early 90s returned.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: Bryer boomerangs at SIU

Postby pafan » December 4th, 2012, 6:09 pm

Changed the topic title on account of the new developments.

:huh:

I had read that Barry had been recruiting in Australia...
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby Heinro » December 4th, 2012, 9:57 pm

Look at that, there are the Dawgs. And as a Valley fan, I'm glad Barry is your coach now as well. You guys have already exceeded my wildest expectations.
Thoughts and prayers to WSU finding a new conference.
Heinro
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby pafan » December 30th, 2012, 7:45 pm

Apparently Bryer has changed his mind again. He did not play at MSU.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball