Bryer boomerangs at SIU

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Bryer boomerangs at SIU

Postby pafan » December 3rd, 2012, 10:54 pm

UPDATE, Tuesday night:
Barry Hinson informed the public today that Antonio Bryer has in fact decided not to leave the Salukis.

EARLIER:

Barry Hinson informed the public today that Antonio Bryer has been granted a release, citing personal reasons. Bryer had been starting regularly for the Salukis this year (except for a one-game suspension following an ejection at SIUE)

Horse's mouth: http://www.siusalukis.com/sports/m-bask ... 12aaa.html

SIU is now desperately short in the front court, and I think this leaves them with only 9 scholarship players at least for the remainder of the semester.
Last edited by pafan on December 4th, 2012, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Bryer boomerangs at SIU

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bryer out at SIU

Postby dean_siu » December 4th, 2012, 12:40 am

Based upon the conversations I've had with several of the players this year, I'm not surprised by this news at all. The only thing that surprises me a bit is that it took this long for it to happen.

Players were not happy when Lowery when was dismissed and the university will continue paying a price for quite some time.

I expect at least one other player leaving the team during the season and wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 more defections at the end of the season.

It's a shame to see what the administration has done to these kids.
dean_siu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby valleychamp » December 4th, 2012, 5:03 am

dean_siu wrote:Based upon the conversations I've had with several of the players this year, I'm not surprised by this news at all. The only thing that surprises me a bit is that it took this long for it to happen.

Players were not happy when Lowery when was dismissed and the university will continue paying a price for quite some time.

I expect at least one other player leaving the team during the season and wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 more defections at the end of the season.

???

Lowery had to go.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » December 4th, 2012, 6:44 am

valleychamp wrote:
dean_siu wrote:Based upon the conversations I've had with several of the players this year, I'm not surprised by this news at all. The only thing that surprises me a bit is that it took this long for it to happen.

???

Lowery had to go.

So do most of his players for them to get better
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby dregn » December 4th, 2012, 6:49 am

Was he sick of actually winning some games or sick of being held accountable both on and off the court?
dregn
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 4th, 2012, 9:30 am

dean_siu wrote:It's a shame to see what the administration has done to these kids.

Yeah, making them go to class is such a b!tch.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby saluki762 » December 4th, 2012, 2:55 pm

He is not leaving the team and will play tomorrow night vs. WKU.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ali » December 4th, 2012, 2:56 pm

saluki762 wrote:He is not leaving the team and will play tomorrow night vs. WKU.

What the hell happened there between yesterday and today?
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby saluki762 » December 4th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Ali wrote:
saluki762 wrote:He is not leaving the team and will play tomorrow night vs. WKU.

What the hell happened there between yesterday and today?

I know nothing other than he has changed his mind. I tend to give 20 year old kids some flexibility in their right to change their mind and not worry about it.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DawgieStyle » December 4th, 2012, 4:16 pm

I would just like to warn the posters of MVCfans to be wary of dean_siu. He was recently banned from salukitalk for his antics, which tend to be in the form of a false character still advocating on the behalf of Chris Lowery.

Over the course of the last several years, he has made outlandish post on Salukitalk about his support for Lowery, how he was a great coach, should still be coach, and on and on. It's an act. Please don't be sucked into it.

I know MVCfans is striving to be a better board than Valleytalk ever was, and trust me, dean_siu won't help you do that.

As far as the Breyer situation, who knows. Just another day in the soap opera that is saluki basketball lately.
DawgieStyle
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball