Murray State at Evansville Aces (Sat, Dec 8)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Murray State at Evansville Aces (Sat, Dec 8)

Postby shoxrox » December 9th, 2012, 2:45 pm

You're quite a defensive poster, especially coming off a loss. I'm sure you made your statements in hopes of ruffling up some fans, which you did. But as you said, it's pointless. The only point that needs to be made is that Evansville is not very good, as their record indicates, and, as expected by most Valley fans, will struggle to be a middling Valley team. I'm sure they'll pull off a typical upset along the way that'll make this conference look even worse.

Moving on.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 9th, 2012, 3:48 pm

Aces1982 wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:This will upset many here but Murray is the most athletic team we will play all year and might be the best team we play all year.

I severely doubt it.

More importantly, it wasn't Murray's athleticism that beat the Aces; it was the big guy with the huge fro. UE's lack of a post game is a weak spot that teams will be sure to exploit.

Why do you doubt it because they are an OVC team? Yes, UE has no post game and that is by far the weak link. It has been for many years. That is certainly not a secret.

No, my doubt has nothing to do with what conference they are in. In fact, I'd say they are a solid club. I just don't think that they are best team you will play all year. The top teams in the MVC this year all have strong big men (some teams even have several) that are much better than the fro guy from Murray.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » December 9th, 2012, 3:51 pm

No, my doubt has nothing to do with what conference they are in. In fact, I'd say they are a solid club. I just don't think that they are best team you will play all year. The top teams in the MVC this year all have strong big men (some teams even have several) that are much better than the fro guy from Murray.

Haha, I know who you are talking about and I don't know his real name either...
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » December 9th, 2012, 5:19 pm

Jet915 wrote:No, my doubt has nothing to do with what conference they are in. In fact, I'd say they are a solid club. I just don't think that they are best team you will play all year. The top teams in the MVC this year all have strong big men (some teams even have several) that are much better than the fro guy from Murray.

Haha, I know who you are talking about and I don't know his real name either...

There will several players better then Fro guy but I didn't say one player. I said, team. However, We will not see a better guard then Cannon
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » December 9th, 2012, 8:11 pm

I think you are a very poor judge of talent.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » December 9th, 2012, 8:25 pm

Wufan wrote:I think you are a very poor judge of talent.

Are you speaking of Canaan? There is not a better guard in the Valley and that includes Colt who arguably is the best guard in the conference.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » December 9th, 2012, 8:53 pm

No, I'm speaking of you.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces0976 » December 10th, 2012, 9:02 am

About the only positives I saw with this game were our freshmen, Ballentine and Mock. I thought they were 2 of the few that didn't curl up in the fetal position when Murray made their run (I typically don't complain about officials, but 2 of Mock's 4 fouls were absolute phantom fouls). The other positive I saw was Troy Taylor, he did about as good of a job on Canaan as you can do and he absolutely fought his balls off for rebounds and loose balls. Other than that, I saw a senior laden team piss down their leg for the last 25 minutes of the game against a tenacious, athletic opponent. :Bam: Also, after watching the last 2 games, there is no way Colt is 100%. Even against Miami, his cutting just wasn't there, and at times you could see him grimace and get frustrated, leading me to believe he's still in pain and not quite right.
Aces0976
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball