66/9

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 66/9

Postby glm38 » December 12th, 2012, 5:30 am

Ricardo del Rio wrote:
glm38 wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:
If you stand by your quote above, then you are a liar. I did not call you any names. I merely described your behavior and state of mind.

So you've not ever resorted to name calling on this fine forum Ricardo? What a joke. :Bam:

And you never responded to my question about you standing by your statement regarding one of CU's best players?
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jaybydna » December 12th, 2012, 6:40 am

Well, anyway, quite an accomplishment for Grant and reinforces what I said in another thread. He has a great basketball mind. If you ever watch a CU Game, watch Grant away from the ball for a while as well as with the ball. He always knows what is going on and has an uncanny knack for getting other players to do something stupid. Just ask North Carolina.

Now you can resume your petty arguments.
jaybydna
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 12th, 2012, 9:01 am

C0|db|00ded wrote:
Pinkie wrote:Weren't you at the game in Wichita last year? Maybe in STL? Or perhaps you could have been impressed when this team won a NCAA game?

Of course I was at the game in Wichita last year. We held SoW to about 10 points below his season average and he was spastic in his performance with 4 turnovers. In fact, we held SoW, Cy, and Giblets to 35 points between them. They managed to commit 8 turnovers (the rest of their team only committed 3 more) and ten personal fouls (Cy and Giblets had 4 each). Antoine Young won that game for you that evening with a spectacular 19 pt performance.

Should I even bring up what happened in Omaha? ;)

So no, I haven't been that impressed with Club BJ and hope I see something January 19th that opens my eyes.

T

...:cool:

Too bad you guys s*** the bed in St Louis (again) and blew a chance at a rubber match.

Despite your protestations to the contrary, I'd say last season worked out pretty well for the Jays. We won the conference tournament and then won a game in the NCAA tournament. To me, that is much more desirable than blowing a game in the conference semi-finals and following that up by blowing a game in the NCAA tournament to a team that had to win their conference tournament just to get a bid and that was seeded seven slots beneath you.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 12th, 2012, 9:06 am

C0|db|00ded wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:
Pinkie wrote:Weren't you at the game in Wichita last year? Maybe in STL? Or perhaps you could have been impressed when this team won a NCAA game?

WSu fans rarely stay until Sunday in St Louis.

The NCAA Tournament Welfare Auto-bid Invitational has been a mainstay for the BJ program in regards to them amassing a prolific collection of one-and-dones in the NCAA's. Had it not been for their many Miracles in St. Louis over the last decade or so, Shocker fans would have missed out on a lot of laughter and giggles.

T

You what's really funny? Watching a grown man meltdown and throw a temper tantrum like a 3 year old after getting beat in the conference semi-finals. Again.

Then, after saying how much better his team would do if they got to play on a neutral court, the coach and his team choke in the most neutral of all courts.

Now that's funny.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » December 12th, 2012, 10:42 am

Ricardo del Rio wrote:
glm38 wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:
If you stand by your quote above, then you are a liar. I did not call you any names. I merely described your behavior and state of mind.

So you've not ever resorted to name calling on this fine forum Ricardo? What a joke. :Bam:

And you never responded to my question about you standing by your statement regarding one of CU's best players?[/quote]

There you go again, changing the subject. The subject is whether I have called you names or not. If you do not have any evidence that I have, I suggest that you apologize and move on. Of course, I am sure you will weasel a distraction.

I am not obligated to answer your question or any questions. So feel free to turn my refusal into some kind of criticism. If you do, I will not be surprised.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FearDaTrees » December 12th, 2012, 11:42 am

Very impressive stat....Not the best in the country though. A player for Air Force has an 8/1 ratio.
FearDaTrees
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » December 12th, 2012, 1:19 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:
There you go again, changing the subject. The subject is whether I have called you names or not. If you do not have any evidence that I have, I suggest that you apologize and move on. Of course, I am sure you will weasel a distraction.

I am not obligated to answer your question or any questions. So feel free to turn my refusal into some kind of criticism. If you do, I will not be surprised.

No name calling? How about "Bear moron" and "brilliant jay" directed at myself and a CU fan in the thread on Marshall's reprimand? And that was easy to find in a few seconds. I'm sure there are others but I'm not going to go searching for them.

I'm sure you'll find some rationale as to why that isn't juvenile name calling. Or maybe it was another Ricardo?

As to the last part and your refusing to answer my question - how in the world is that any different than you demanding I answer yours? Which I just did. The only answer is because you know it wasn't a true statement and don't want to admit it. Even your own coach has stated publicly Gibbs is a good player.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby C0|db|00ded » December 12th, 2012, 4:55 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
C0|db|00ded wrote:

Of course I was at the game in Wichita last year. We held SoW to about 10 points below his season average and he was spastic in his performance with 4 turnovers. In fact, we held SoW, Cy, and Giblets to 35 points between them. They managed to commit 8 turnovers (the rest of their team only committed 3 more) and ten personal fouls (Cy and Giblets had 4 each). Antoine Young won that game for you that evening with a spectacular 19 pt performance.

Should I even bring up what happened in Omaha? ;)

So no, I haven't been that impressed with Club BJ and hope I see something January 19th that opens my eyes.

T

Too bad you guys s*** the bed in St Louis (again) and blew a chance at a rubber match.

Despite your protestations to the contrary, I'd say last season worked out pretty well for the Jays. We won the conference tournament and then won a game in the NCAA tournament. To me, that is much more desirable than blowing a game in the conference semi-finals and following that up by blowing a game in the NCAA tournament to a team that had to win their conference tournament just to get a bid and that was seeded seven slots beneath you.

I didn't say the Jays had a bad year last year. I'm used to seeing you getting into the NCAA's via the autobid. What was really special for BJ was that it won a game in the NCAA Tournament! Considering the lack of success in the past, if I were a BJ, I would vote to raise a banner because of that one win.

T

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby C0|db|00ded » December 12th, 2012, 5:02 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:You what's really funny? Watching a grown man meltdown and throw a temper tantrum like a 3 year old after getting beat in the conference semi-finals. Again.

Then, after saying how much better his team would do if they got to play on a neutral court, the coach and his team choke in the most neutral of all courts.

Now that's funny.

I'm not familiar with this story, but if you are referring to HCGM going into a rage after losing a game, I'm all for it. I don't like losing either. Considering the fact that Wichita State is leading the nation in road wins over the last couple years you should cut the guy a little slack. He doesn't really know what it's like to lose anymore.

T

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball