Josh Jones out indefinitely

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby MVCfans » December 12th, 2012, 12:05 pm

Creighton's Josh Jones will miss at least 6 weeks to undergo a procedure for a heart irregularity and then have additional testing done. McDermott said the best case is that he will return by mid to late January, but may not be able to play again.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Josh Jones out indefinitely

Postby Jays26 » December 12th, 2012, 12:17 pm

That's bad news....feel really bad for this fine young man. He has been thru a lot.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LanceShock » December 12th, 2012, 12:32 pm

I like his perspective. In one article, I saw he made a comment about impacting lives whether he is on the court or not. It would be great if he can get back on the court, but hopefully they make sure he is healthy.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 12th, 2012, 12:37 pm

Luckily, I've read on this forum that we are a one man team.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » December 12th, 2012, 1:03 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:Luckily, I've read on this forum that we are a one man team.

Seriously though how bad a blow is this to CU? Was hoping to see the 2 CU/WSU wars with both at close to full strength.

Glad the young man is ok.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby C0|db|00ded » December 12th, 2012, 4:42 pm

glm38 wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:Luckily, I've read on this forum that we are a one man team.

Seriously though how bad a blow is this to CU? Was hoping to see the 2 CU/WSU wars with both at close to full strength.

It isn't going to be good. A quick search reveals Jones as the 6th man on the team playing almost 20 mins per game. He is also nearly leading BJ in steals and averages 7 points per game (the exact same number as the vaunted Giblets).

Considering BJ was already not particularly deep, giving the majority of game minutes to 8 players, now they are playing primarily 7 players. Fatigue as the season goes on is certainly going to be an issue now. Losing Jones could cause a few more boo boos than I was predicting for the BJ this year. Third place is now not out of the picture.

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » December 12th, 2012, 4:52 pm

C0|db|00ded wrote:
glm38 wrote:

It isn't going to be good. A quick search reveals Jones as the 6th man on the team playing almost 20 mins per game. He is also nearly leading BJ in steals and averages 7 points per game (the exact same number as the vaunted Giblets).

Considering BJ was already not particularly deep, giving the majority of game minutes to 8 players, now they are playing primarily 7 players. Fatigue as the season goes on is certainly going to be an issue now. Losing Jones could cause a few more boo boos than I was predicting for the BJ this year. Third place is now not out of the picture.

T

Please tell me you're making the trip to Cedar Falls. I sit right next to the visitors section and I have to know if this is the guy you really are, or if its an internet tough guy persona...

No offense either way, I just have to know...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » December 12th, 2012, 5:13 pm

Dingman will probably be the first to eat up most Jones' minutes w/maybe Yates/Johnson getting the rest.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby C0|db|00ded » December 12th, 2012, 5:25 pm

BCPanther wrote:
Please tell me you're making the trip to Cedar Falls. I sit right next to the visitors section and I have to know if this is the guy you really are, or if its an internet tough guy persona...

I couldn't find my way to Iceberg Falls without a GPS and turn-by-turn instructions. That being said, I would never point my GPS towards your arena. No offense.

In real life I'm pretty tall and I'm pretty big, but I wouldn't say I carry a "tough guy" persona. I do intimidate some people but I don't try to. I talk fast and like to crack jokes, however on more than one occasion, I've been charged with being overly negative. (surprise)

T

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bluejayfan00 » December 12th, 2012, 6:30 pm

C0|db|00ded wrote:
BCPanther wrote:

I couldn't find my way to Iceberg Falls without a GPS and turn-by-turn instructions. That being said, I would never point my GPS towards your arena. No offense.

In real life I'm pretty tall and I'm pretty big, but I wouldn't say I carry a "tough guy" persona. I do intimidate some people but I don't try to. I talk fast and like to crack jokes, however on more than one occasion, I've been charged with being overly negative. (surprise)

T

This is a thread about Josh Jones. He could have lost his life, but thank god he is okay. He may not ever play the game he loves again, yet Cold still finds a way to be a troll and a douche no matter how serious the topic.
bluejayfan00
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball