Josh Jones out indefinitely

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Josh Jones out indefinitely

Postby C0|db|00ded » December 12th, 2012, 7:19 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:
C0|db|00ded wrote:
BCPanther wrote:
Please tell me you're making the trip to Cedar Falls. I sit right next to the visitors section and I have to know if this is the guy you really are, or if its an internet tough guy persona...

No offense either way, I just have to know...

I couldn't find my way to Iceberg Falls without a GPS and turn-by-turn instructions. That being said, I would never point my GPS towards your arena. No offense.

In real life I'm pretty tall and I'm pretty big, but I wouldn't say I carry a "tough guy" persona. I do intimidate some people but I don't try to. I talk fast and like to crack jokes, however on more than one occasion, I've been charged with being overly negative. (surprise)

T

...:cool:

This is a thread about Josh Jones. He could have lost his life, but thank god he is okay. He may not ever play the game he loves again, yet Cold still finds a way to be a troll and a douche no matter how serious the topic.

I was merely answering the question of what impact Jones has/had on his team. I was not making light of his condition. I suspect he will have a long and happy life regardless of how much basketball is in it.

On another note, as a BJ fan, you should know that "god" is capitalized.

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jaybydna » December 12th, 2012, 7:42 pm

[/quote]

I was merely answering the question of what impact Jones has/had on his team. I was not making light of his condition. I suspect he will have a long and happy life regardless of how much basketball is in it.

On another note, as a BJ fan, you should know that "god" is capitalized.

T

...:cool:[/quote]

100% of the people on this board know what you are doing. You are not as cool as you think you are. You are certainly not as funny as you think you are, and you are taking a little bit of the fun out of this board. I say a little bit only because most of us only pay attention to you the same way we look at a cop car who pulled over a speeder.

Regardless of how you spin it, you used a good young man's medical issue to further your agenda. Well played!
Last edited by jaybydna on December 12th, 2012, 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaybydna
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby TrueBlueJay » December 12th, 2012, 7:58 pm

C0|db|00ded wrote:
In real life I'm pretty tall and I'm pretty big, but I wouldn't say I carry a "tough guy" persona. I do intimidate some people but I don't try to. I talk fast and like to crack jokes, however on more than one occasion, I've been charged with being overly negative. (surprise):

No matter what your physical stature is in "real life", you are a sad,small, little person.
TrueBlueJay
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 12th, 2012, 9:36 pm

jaybydna wrote:100% of the people on this board know what you are doing.

It would appear as though the moderators don't since they don't seem to be doing anything to curtail the activity.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » December 12th, 2012, 10:08 pm

This is sad news. I don't know if they have said what his heart condition is or not. I am curious to know. I had a heart condition as well, and I know a little bit about heart problems.

I really hope it is a simple fix like mine was and he will be able to be back to normal. I really think he should be able to play again. If Ronny Turiaf and Jeff Green can get back with the serious conditions they had I think it gives hope for Josh. Wish him the best of luck!
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby cu8493 » December 13th, 2012, 8:06 am

I am no doctor, but I think they called it a heart flutter - i.e., an irregular heartbeat. Generally caused by an abnormality in the way the elctric impulse that drives your heart beat travels across the atria. They do a procedure where they create some scar tissue to block or slow down the rogue electric impulse. In the meantime, as I understand it he probably has to take blood thinners to assist the flow of blood should he have an episode. From what I understand, he will have the procedure done sometime soon and will then wait unitl mid-January for it to heal and to see if it worked. If tests go well, he could start back to practice. If not, his career could be over. I assume best case scenario, he gets back into true game shape some time in mid-February, just in time to provide some fresh legs for the home stretch.
cu8493
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby TrueBlueJay » December 13th, 2012, 8:12 am

TrueBlueJay
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby kochhead22 » December 13th, 2012, 8:47 am

Prayers to the young man and his family. Hoping he can make a comeback!
kochhead22
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby uniftw » December 13th, 2012, 12:46 pm

This goes beyond the scope of sports/rivalries.

I hope everything works out for the best for him, even if it means not playing anymore.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LJay » December 26th, 2012, 6:23 pm

Career is over. Prayers for a strong recovery.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20121226/BLUEJAYS/712269918
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball