MVC Power Rankings - Dec 16 edition

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby MVCfans » December 17th, 2012, 6:58 am

Quite a bit of change this week. Creighton back on top after Wichita State's loss. Missouri State still on bottom.

link: MVC Power Rankings - Dec. 16
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MVC Power Rankings - Dec 16 edition

Postby matter_of_fact » December 17th, 2012, 10:08 am

I hope you're wrong about UNI's at large chances but suspect you are not since they are now 0-3 against teams from the BCS conferences. I think the MVC is only 6-13 so far this year in games involving BCS schools with all six wins having been either Creighton (4) or WSU (2).
matter_of_fact
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Red » December 17th, 2012, 1:59 pm

MVCfans wrote:Quite a bit of change this week. Creighton back on top after Wichita State's loss. Missouri State still on bottom.

If WSU starts losing after Hall's injury do they drop? Or will you just keep them there because of what they did with him in the lineup?
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby usmcsaluki » December 17th, 2012, 5:47 pm

Red wrote:
MVCfans wrote:Quite a bit of change this week. Creighton back on top after Wichita State's loss. Missouri State still on bottom.

If WSU starts losing after Hall's injury do they drop? Or will you just keep them there because of what they did with him in the lineup?

I've always interpreted power rankings as more a what have you done for me lately deal; kind of like what teams are hot/playing the best, even though they may not be better than the teams they're ahead of (wow do I sound like a BCS'er?)

Just my 2 cents.
usmcsaluki
MVC starter
MVC starter

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball