NCAA Tournament Tickets

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

NCAA Tournament Tickets

Postby FearDaTrees » December 19th, 2012, 10:07 am

The last time I attended a NCAA tournament game was back in 2005 @ the RCA Dome in Indy. I went with a few other buddies and we bought our tickets off of StubHub which was relatively new at that time. Anyways, I knew we got a good deal on the tickets we bought cause we got ALL 3 Sessions for Friday and Sunday for $90 each. Yes, they were nose bleed seats but still it was 6 games for 90 bucks! I just checked around for ticket prices in Dayton (closest to my home) and to my absolute disbelief...$350 is the cheapest I could find. Just looking for some advice on ticket sites that may be cheaper or if anyone is familiar with the Dayton area, what kind of scalper prices am I looking at? Thanks
FearDaTrees
MVC starter
MVC starter

NCAA Tournament Tickets

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NCAA Tournament Tickets

Postby ihsi » December 19th, 2012, 10:11 am

It will depend on who is playing there. If it's Ohio St, you'll pay through the nose. Last year in Omaha, tickets prices went from 2-3x face value because of KU and Mizzou to almost free when Creighton was playing at the same time as the games locally and all the tickets in the arena were held by CU season ticket holders.
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

Re: NCAA Tournament Tickets

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 19th, 2012, 12:42 pm

The NCAA significantly has marked up the price too. The face value of the tix last year were about 50-100 higher than they were when Omaha hosted about 5 ago.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball