SalukiTalk saying goodbye

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: SalukiTalk saying goodbye

Postby saluki762 » December 19th, 2012, 3:55 pm

Does this mean a spike in Saluki posters here? Pretty sure there were many lurkers. Funny that my post count here has spiked in the last week. Maybe I saw this coming?
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bigdawg » December 19th, 2012, 3:59 pm

saluki762 wrote:Does this mean a spike in Saluki posters here? Pretty sure there were many lurkers. Funny that my post count here has spiked in the last week. Maybe I saw this coming?

Lets hope so. I felt like I was on an island by myself for about a year here. I could make a new board pretty quick if there was demand. It sounds like people on SalukiTalk are discussing it but haven't seen anything yet .
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » December 19th, 2012, 4:11 pm

bigdawg wrote:
saluki762 wrote:Does this mean a spike in Saluki posters here? Pretty sure there were many lurkers. Funny that my post count here has spiked in the last week. Maybe I saw this coming?

Lets hope so. I felt like I was on an island by myself for about a year here. I could make a new board pretty quick if there was demand. It sounds like people on SalukiTalk are discussing it but haven't seen anything yet .

There aren't enough Ferrari wrecks to duplicate the sheer awesomeness of Salukitalk.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bigdawg » December 19th, 2012, 4:15 pm

What's going to happen is that multiple boards will pop up and the message board fan base will be fractured.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DawgieStyle » December 19th, 2012, 4:16 pm

bigdawg wrote:What's going to happen is that multiple boards will pop up and the message board fan base will be fractured.

true, and a lot of people won't join any of them, they'll just be done with message boards.
DawgieStyle
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby dean_siu » December 19th, 2012, 4:25 pm

Unfortunately, it hasn't really been Saluki Talk in quite some time. I enjoyed my time on the board immensely for several years. However, at some point the board should have been renamed as most people stopped talking Saluki sports and only spouted hateful posts about Chris Lowery. Those with dissenting opinions were treated equally bad and the no consequences were suffered by those acting like immature 8 year old boys. As a result, a high percentage of those who posted regularly in the past have already left the site. I love Saluki athletics and hope that another board is established that accepts and encourages active discussion. Any board that is dominated by a clique of 20 or so posters with bitter attitudes is usually headed toward this fate. RIP SalukiTalk....you had a good life for several years and I always hoped you could return. However, pulling the plug is probably the best decision considering the deterioration that has taken place at Saluki Talk in the past 2-3 years.
dean_siu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby DUBulldog » December 19th, 2012, 4:30 pm

dean_siu wrote:as most people stopped talking Saluki sports and only spouted hateful posts about Chris Lowery.

Sounds a lot like drakenation, with Phelps instead of Lowery.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DawgieStyle » December 19th, 2012, 4:35 pm

dean_siu wrote:Unfortunately, it hasn't really been Saluki Talk in quite some time. I enjoyed my time on the board immensely for several years. However, at some point the board should have been renamed as most people stopped talking Saluki sports and only spouted hateful posts about Chris Lowery. Those with dissenting opinions were treated equally bad and the no consequences were suffered by those acting like immature 8 year old boys. As a result, a high percentage of those who posted regularly in the past have already left the site. I love Saluki athletics and hope that another board is established that accepts and encourages active discussion. Any board that is dominated by a clique of 20 or so posters with bitter attitudes is usually headed toward this fate. RIP SalukiTalk....you had a good life for several years and I always hoped you could return. However, pulling the plug is probably the best decision considering the deterioration that has taken place at Saluki Talk in the past 2-3 years.

Personal opinion? You were part of the headache that caused the people who run the site to not want to do it anymore.
DawgieStyle
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby DawgieStyle » December 19th, 2012, 4:36 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
dean_siu wrote:as most people stopped talking Saluki sports and only spouted hateful posts about Chris Lowery.

Sounds a lot like drakenation, with Phelps instead of Lowery.

don't be foold by Dean...he was part of the problem, not post about chris lowery.
DawgieStyle
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby zippydeedoodawgs » December 19th, 2012, 10:16 pm

bigdawg wrote:What's going to happen is that multiple boards will pop up and the message board fan base will be fractured.

While that may be true, ST will still remain and only them hosting the forum will go away. Plans are in place for another forum that will be linked to by ST. By that measure alone the fracturing may not be as bad as anticipated.
zippydeedoodawgs
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball