SalukiTalk saying goodbye

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: SalukiTalk saying goodbye

Postby pafan » December 19th, 2012, 11:10 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
dean_siu wrote:as most people stopped talking Saluki sports and only spouted hateful posts about Chris Lowery.

Sounds a lot like drakenation, with Phelps instead of Lowery.

This is what sports fans do. It isn't always deserved. And it certainly isn't limited to message boards.
Ever plaayed fantasy football? Talk about norv Turner and andy Reid much?
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby musiccitybulldog » December 20th, 2012, 8:22 am

I always enjoyed Saluki Talk, all the participants need an ovation because they were truly funny. It seems most could be brash, sports intelligent, and just have fun, all at the same time. My view of team boards is you enter at your own risk. Seemed most on Saluki Talk posters had thick skins and could take the rousings, maybe some couldn't, but it was funny, and informative.
My guess the board will be back, just like the Saluki's.

Heck, even stopping at fast food places in the Marion area wearing a Drake shirt can land you a little heat.
Obviously the Southern Illinois folks like to have fun and take sports seriously.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby gscool89 » December 21st, 2012, 7:01 pm

We're over on www.salukination.net now
gscool89
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby saluki762 » December 26th, 2012, 6:34 am

Bump. Salukination seems to be taking off as a replacement. Can the Mods change the link on the MVC Message boards page?
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » December 26th, 2012, 8:13 am

saluki762 wrote:Bump. Salukination seems to be taking off as a replacement. Can the Mods change the link on the MVC Message boards page?

I think I'm the only one who can get into that area still since it's not technically part of the message board. Let me see what I can do.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby cu8493 » December 26th, 2012, 12:15 pm

I can recommned the ultimate moderator who could even take you onto a premium rivals site. You will then be big time. You get East Coast superiority complex to go with all of the inside information with your paid premium. Of course, you won't get it before everyone alse knows it, but you will be able to boast that your moderator knew it before everyone else did becasue he told he knew it first. You also get the benefit of a moderator who will go on other fan message boards proclaiming to be the voice of Saluki nation and stirring up a bunch of crap, saving you the trouble. On top of that, you will get insightful lectures on how to be a true fan (because whether you knew it or not, we are all inferior fans). All of this and more can be yours. Don't wait, take advantage of the unique opportunity presented to you.
cu8493
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby shocktheheart » December 26th, 2012, 12:28 pm

cu8493 wrote:I can recommned the ultimate moderator who could even take you onto a premium rivals site. You will then be big time. You get East Coast superiority complex to go with all of the inside information with your paid premium. Of course, you won't get it before everyone alse knows it, but you will be able to boast that your moderator knew it before everyone else did becasue he told he knew it first. You also get the benefit of a moderator who will go on other fan message boards proclaiming to be the voice of Saluki nation and stirring up a bunch of crap, saving you the trouble. On top of that, you will get insightful lectures on how to be a true fan (because whether you knew it or not, we are all inferior fans). All of this and more can be yours. Don't wait, take advantage of the unique opportunity presented to you.

Reminds me of someone...can't remember who though
Attachments
that guy.png
that guy.png (141.61 KiB) Viewed 1481 times
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SalukiBand » December 26th, 2012, 1:51 pm

And I thought you were talking about the brothers' act, Tornado and DaCoach. <grin>
SalukiBand
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby dean_siu » January 1st, 2013, 3:24 am

The new board is proving to be an equal of its predecessor.....unless you are a Lowery hater, don't bother posting. I've been banned for two weeks for not drinking the kool-aid of the current staff.

I really don't understand the point of having a message board if only one point of view is going to be acceptable. I would have thought the fact that hundreds of posters deserted SalukiTalk because of this dictatorship would have changed the way the current board was run.

i guess i was wrong though. Unless you are willing to give Mario and Barry a blow job, you are apparently not welcome on this new site.
dean_siu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby shocktheheart » January 8th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Didn't know where to put this...so we will go with here. Looks like a Saluki fan has been manipulating the Chris Lowery Wiki page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Lowery

:D
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball