Arch Madness 2013

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Arch Madness 2013

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 7th, 2013, 11:10 pm

LJay wrote:
valleychamp wrote:
shoxrox wrote:The two furthest schools from St. Louis once again carrying the other 8's jocks. And yet let's continue to reward the other 8 with a closer location for them.

And yes, maybe all of the screwiness of St. Louis has WSU fans a bit chapped about spending hundreds, if not, thousands of dollars per year watching mysterious events unfold. Maybe a lot of them are just gonna start saving their money for a well-deserved trip to KC someday.

"Screwiness"..."mysterious events"...LOL

Go read the thread at Shockernet from their Bradley game last night. They make Oliver Stone look like a rank amateur.

I've often said that WSU doesn't lose games; the refs just occasionally take wins away from them.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby iSASO » January 7th, 2013, 11:18 pm

shocktheheart wrote:When you add in the stragglers and single game ticket purchasers for CU, you will be looking at about $500,000 (let me repeat that, 1/2 of a million dollars) in revenues from Creighton fans alone this year.

Assuming the monies are distributed equally per team in the conference, that amount to $50K per school!!!!

Back to campus sites if CU leaves.

So St. Louis puts on the tournament at no cost to the MVC?[/quote]

Of course not. I used the per team figure just as an illustration.

The question will be how many tickets does the conference need to sell just to cover the costs. Is one third of the current sales figures enough?

EDIT- by the way, where are are the WSU ticket sales? Only 1,000? Are WSU fans saving their money for "neutral court games" or have they just resigned themselves to accept that they always choke in St Louis?[/quote]

I know I used to go every year, but with having a family and 5 kids you can't really justify spending close to a [color=#FF0000]grand for a long weekend and leaving the wife at home with all of them. I know there has been talk on the WSU board of people waiting to get tickets when they get into town from the deals that local stores put on or buy them from the scalpers out front.
[/color][/quote]

Having a family definitely makes it tough. We were planning to go this year, but my son's last game is on Saturday the 9th so we are probably out again. I know Creighton fans will feel so superior to me
Because of this news. Congrats to all of you for this accomplishment.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ictjay » January 8th, 2013, 8:04 am

iSASO wrote:
shocktheheart wrote:When you add in the stragglers and single game ticket purchasers for CU, you will be looking at about $500,000 (let me repeat that, 1/2 of a million dollars) in revenues from Creighton fans alone this year.

Assuming the monies are distributed equally per team in the conference, that amount to $50K per school!!!!

Back to campus sites if CU leaves.

So St. Louis puts on the tournament at no cost to the MVC?

Of course not. I used the per team figure just as an illustration.

The question will be how many tickets does the conference need to sell just to cover the costs. Is one third of the current sales figures enough?

EDIT- by the way, where are are the WSU ticket sales? Only 1,000? Are WSU fans saving their money for "neutral court games" or have they just resigned themselves to accept that they always choke in St Louis?[/quote]

I know I used to go every year, but with having a family and 5 kids you can't really justify spending close to a [color=#FF0000]grand for a long weekend and leaving the wife at home with all of them. I know there has been talk on the WSU board of people waiting to get tickets when they get into town from the deals that local stores put on or buy them from the scalpers out front.
[/color][/quote]

Having a family definitely makes it tough. We were planning to go this year, but my son's last game is on Saturday the 9th so we are probably out again. I know Creighton fans will feel so superior to me
Because of this news. Congrats to all of you for this accomplishment.[/quote]

Myself and my 5 Shocker buds always buy our tickets on the street. I will say this, last year it got a little tougher, this year I'm seriously thinking about buying the package.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ictjay » January 8th, 2013, 8:08 am

WhiskeySierraUniform wrote:
bleach wrote:While CU is clearly carrying the early ticket sales to Arch Madness, I can remember years when you could barely find the Jays section and the league managed to have the tourney in the Lou.
Seriously doubt the tourney is in any danger of going back to campus sites.

You got that right. As soon as things start going south (aka Dougie leaving), the NU fans will go back to their normal business and CU will not be represented in the 'Lou near to the extent.

Please due a little research before you spout ignorance. Same thing has been said with the CU teams with Funk, Tolliver, Korver, etc. We also have a Dougie clone recruited for next year. :dance:
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby rjl » January 8th, 2013, 11:34 am

ictjay wrote:Please due a little research before you spout ignorance. Same thing has been said with the CU teams with Funk, Tolliver, Korver, etc. We also have a Dougie clone recruited for next year. :dance:

It takes a lot of effort to misspell a word like "do," but you managed to pull it off.

Mazel tov!
rjl
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby FearDaTrees » January 8th, 2013, 1:00 pm

His English is pure due due. The CU total is amazing! Personally, I have always bought mine from the kind gentlemen outside STC but it looks like that is out the window this year. Thanks Jays!....I was gonna clown on them and say there just isn't anything to do in Nebraska but then I remembered I live in Indiana..
FearDaTrees
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Turner » January 8th, 2013, 1:16 pm

How many seats are available in the lower bowl of ScottTrade? Creighton is going to occupy a huge section as this is the year for Creighton to have good seats right? Does some school get bumped upstairs?
Turner
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 8th, 2013, 1:51 pm

Turner wrote:How many seats are available in the lower bowl of ScottTrade? Creighton is going to occupy a huge section as this is the year for Creighton to have good seats right? Does some school get bumped upstairs?

If you look at the totals from the other schools, it looks like there are plenty of seats in the lower bowl still available.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unifan » January 8th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Turner wrote:How many seats are available in the lower bowl of ScottTrade? Creighton is going to occupy a huge section as this is the year for Creighton to have good seats right? Does some school get bumped upstairs?

How do they determine which schools get the 'good seats' each year? If it's on a rotation basis, which schools will have them this year?
unifan
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby shocktheheart » January 8th, 2013, 2:51 pm

unifan wrote:

How do they determine which schools get the 'good seats' each year? If it's on a rotation basis, which schools will have them this year?

Just going off what I have seen the last 10 years or so...Usually the smaller attending schools will have a small section towards the middle as they have corporate seats they need to fill around. The larger attending schools ie..Creighton and WSU usually start towards the middle and go around behind one of the baskets. With how many seats Creighton has sold, they will probably start off towards the middle and go onto the other side of one of the baskets. They will have a section behind each basket for students for each game. Going to be a lot of blue in the lower bowl this year.

:Beer:
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball