UNI at Wichita State 5pm MVC TV

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby MVCfans » December 30th, 2012, 7:34 am

Probably the best matchup of the weekend. UNI is coming off of their best win and the Shockers have struggled some without Hall etal.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: UNI at Wichita State 5pm MVC TV

Postby JAY DOG » December 30th, 2012, 9:21 am

Spread has already shrunk from 8 to 5. Take off the basic 4ish points for being at home, and these teams are near pick-em. This is gonna be a dogfight!
JAY DOG
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby glm38 » December 30th, 2012, 11:07 am

This should be a great game. With WSU being shothanded due to injuries if this game was at UNI I would take UNI. but with the game being in Wichita I'll pick the Shox in a close one. Good matchups in this one. If Tuttle has a good game inside that might make the difference.

Glad I have a dvr. We'll be at the Bears game but I have no doubt this one will be much better.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby capnkirk » December 30th, 2012, 11:37 am

How many teams can lose 3 starters this far in to the season and still have a decent shot to not only compete in games, but win a fair amount of them?

I did not think WSU would beat Southern Miss, but they proved me wrong. I have my doubts with this game too.

Should be a good game. Go WSU!!!!!
capnkirk
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby iSASO » December 30th, 2012, 12:30 pm

I think the Shockers will be over-matched physically, talent-wise and in the coaching department. Therefore, I take the at-large Panthers by 16. NO excuses for the Shockers. They just aren't good enough to win these games without a full compliment of players. Even with a fully healthy roster this season was going to be a big challenge, that's why the experts picked them as a mid-pack team. It will be a New Year's miracle if the Shockers finish January above .500 in conference play, putting them right in line with all reasonable pre-season expectations.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » December 30th, 2012, 2:20 pm

iSASO wrote:I think the Shockers will be over-matched physically, talent-wise and in the coaching department. Therefore, I take the at-large Panthers by 16. NO excuses for the Shockers. They just aren't good enough to win these games without a full compliment of players. Even with a fully healthy roster this season was going to be a big challenge, that's why the experts picked them as a mid-pack team. It will be a New Year's miracle if the Shockers finish January above .500 in conference play, putting them right in line with all reasonable pre-season expectations.

Honest question, why do you feel the need to post like this?
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » December 30th, 2012, 2:23 pm

valleychamp wrote:
iSASO wrote:I think the Shockers will be over-matched physically, talent-wise and in the coaching department. Therefore, I take the at-large Panthers by 16. NO excuses for the Shockers. They just aren't good enough to win these games without a full compliment of players. Even with a fully healthy roster this season was going to be a big challenge, that's why the experts picked them as a mid-pack team. It will be a New Year's miracle if the Shockers finish January above .500 in conference play, putting them right in line with all reasonable pre-season expectations.

Because if the Shox get beat he thinks he saves face a little. Ha!
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Shockerfan13 » December 30th, 2012, 2:42 pm

I think the Shox will pull out this win. UNI will probably be more disciplined, as they normally are. However, I think the Shox have showed some toughness and grit to do what it takes to win and overcome so many adversities. They can win just as many games with the team they are currently putting out on the floor as they can healthy. It's just going to be much harder. But I think these men have it in them. They are tough as nails. If they play defense and rebound like they are capable, they win. It's gonna be ugly...bigtime...but they win!
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby iSASO » December 30th, 2012, 2:47 pm

I honestly believe it, that's why. You all rag on Shocker fans for being ridiculously over-confident, then you rag on me for predicting a loss, saying the things you really want to say but are too afraid to say.

Honestly...Take your pick, make up your mind. Would you prefer the boring, fence-riding coach-speak? Ok, have some of that too:

This will be a rough-tough game. Northern Iowa has played some great competition and came up a little short in several of those. The Panthers are so well-coached and usually play well in Wichita, so coupled with WSU's injury situation, this should be a hotly-contested game.

Happy now?
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 30th, 2012, 2:50 pm

valleychamp wrote:

I honestly think every single one of his posts in the history of this board and its earlier versions have been exactly like this. I suspect he thinks he is being clever when in reality it is a very tired, dumb routine.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball