Salukis @ MSU Bears 5:30 PM 12/30

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Salukis @ MSU Bears 5:30 PM 12/30

Postby bleach » December 31st, 2012, 9:07 am

Casey......you really should stop posting.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby moshock » December 31st, 2012, 9:23 am

Congrats Bears on the monumental win. Lusk should win COY.

There were 7500 in attendance ? Obviosly, Barry had a lot of friends in SGF (around 3000).

Casey, please keep posting. You are my favorite poster on mvcfans. :Cheers:
moshock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby agrinut » December 31st, 2012, 9:37 am

Wufan wrote:Lusk has been holding back all season in order to unleash his offensive schemes on Barruh

I think it was more of a Barry having more lusk then Lusk. Although the bears did run an offense so that was a big change.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » December 31st, 2012, 10:07 am

I hope the Bears hit rock bottom and finally turned the corner, and I'm proud as can be of the Bears right now, but any objective observer would say that if the Bears were going to win one game in the Valley, last night's game probably would have been it (playing at home vs. the team picked last). With the information we have now, 1-17 is still more likely than 6 to 9 Valley wins. Only if the Bears team we saw last night shows up at Evansville and strings together a few wins will I be convinced that something has actually changed and we are on an upward trajectory.
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby shoxrox » December 31st, 2012, 11:29 am

I think Casey should listen to what the last few Bear fans had to say instead of telling people "I told you so." It is nice to see the bipolar attitude change with him though about Lusk and the team after the Bears' first D1 win in 10 months over a team picked last at home.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby agrinut » December 31st, 2012, 11:42 am

shoxrox wrote:I think Casey should listen to what the last few Bear fans had to say instead of telling people "I told you so." It is nice to see the bipolar attitude change with him though about Lusk and the team after the Bears' first D1 win in 10 months over a team picked last at home.

The Bears have mid pack talent, but so far this year the have had no strategy. I don't expect to leave Evansville with a win on Wednesday, but it would not surprise me if we did. Lusk has said all year that we are young and inexpierenced and until last night I thought he was talking about our players. I now see that he is talking about himself, the change in offensive strategy was Lusk growing a little. We will likely still play on Thursday but I don't think we are staring at the abyss like some have claimed.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 31st, 2012, 12:15 pm

agrinut wrote:We will likely still play on Thursday but I don't think we are staring at the abyss like some have claimed.

When you lose every single noncon game, including a game against a SWAC school, you aren't staring at the abyss; you are looking out from it.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » December 31st, 2012, 12:40 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
agrinut wrote:We will likely still play on Thursday but I don't think we are staring at the abyss like some have claimed.

When you lose every single noncon game, including a game against a SWAC school, you aren't staring at the abyss; you are looking out from it.

Agree with you regarding THIS year. Doesn't mean we will be in the "abyss" next year. And I think that's what agrinut was alluding to.

I'm just glad we won a game for now though.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » December 31st, 2012, 12:43 pm

agrinut wrote:The Bears have mid pack talent, but so far this year the have had no strategy. I don't expect to leave Evansville with a win on Wednesday, but it would not surprise me if we did. Lusk has said all year that we are young and inexpierenced and until last night I thought he was talking about our players. I now see that he is talking about himself, the change in offensive strategy was Lusk growing a little. We will likely still play on Thursday but I don't think we are staring at the abyss like some have claimed.

I hope you are right but, until the Bears beat ANYONE ANYWHERE that isn't coached by Barry Hinson, I won't believe it. We saw Barry lose games for 9 years to teams that were horrid. This is just another example of that. I bet he did the film work and made the game plan for this one personally like he did when we played ORU and got thumped every time. Just maybe though the guys will get some confidence shooting the ball from this one and that would help.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball