Illinois State at Indiana State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Illinois State at Indiana State

Postby isumvc1 » December 30th, 2012, 8:29 pm

highlights from the game today, it was really amazing to see how many points INS scored in the paint vs. ILS today, even the smaller INS guards were taking it right in the paint and scoring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ERYkdUi ... r_embedded
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BradleyBrave » December 30th, 2012, 9:30 pm

Impressive win after a long road trip. Trees really coming on over the past 2 weeks. Not looking forward to the trip to Terre Haute in a few weeks.
"At some point in the near future, we're going to have a team out there competing for championships" - Geno Ford, November 9, 2011.
BradleyBrave
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby pawball » December 30th, 2012, 10:56 pm

Trees this year are your archetypal, grunt and hard-working kind of Valley team that will bite you once you give an inch.
pawball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » December 31st, 2012, 7:48 am

Trees have just enough skill, size and athleticism to be dangerous. They added some nice pieces to compliment the returners in Arop, Smith and Cummings.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 31st, 2012, 8:39 am

Odum is a big, smart PG. I know a lot of people aren't high on him, but I'm a big fan. He's a great passer, has great floor vision, can score and even rebound. There are not to many PGs in the league with that package.

Arop was a nice upgrade over the talent there.

The question will be in the post. However, with the way the games are reffed in conference season - little guys are allowed to beat up on bigs without repercussions in the terms of foul calls or anything else - InSU could be very dangerous.
Last edited by DoubleJayAlum on December 31st, 2012, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FearDaTrees » December 31st, 2012, 9:46 am

This team was very raw to start the season. There were a lot of questions surrounding this team with the additions of Arop and K. Smith and how the offense would perform. The loss to Morehead State may end up costing us dearly but hopefully we can get a good bracketbuster matchup to prove that game was a fluke. If we would have won that game, I think there would be a strong possibility of an at-large bid with 12-13 conf. wins but that loss was just awful.
FearDaTrees
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby denjayfan1 » December 31st, 2012, 10:34 am

FearDaTrees wrote:This team was very raw to start the season. There were a lot of questions surrounding this team with the additions of Arop and K. Smith and how the offense would perform. The loss to Morehead State may end up costing us dearly but hopefully we can get a good bracketbuster matchup to prove that game was a fluke. If we would have won that game, I think there would be a strong possibility of an at-large bid with 12-13 conf. wins but that loss was just awful.

I hear what you are saying but I think it means a lot more to get a couple of neutral court wins against middle of the pack BCS teams and playing the MWC leaders extremely tough then one bad loss. A strong conference showing and BB win will definitely have you guys right there. :Cheers:
denjayfan1
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby isumvc1 » December 31st, 2012, 6:07 pm

denjayfan1 wrote:
FearDaTrees wrote:This team was very raw to start the season. There were a lot of questions surrounding this team with the additions of Arop and K. Smith and how the offense would perform. The loss to Morehead State may end up costing us dearly but hopefully we can get a good bracketbuster matchup to prove that game was a fluke. If we would have won that game, I think there would be a strong possibility of an at-large bid with 12-13 conf. wins but that loss was just awful.

I hear what you are saying but I think it means a lot more to get a couple of neutral court wins against middle of the pack BCS teams and playing the MWC leaders extremely tough then one bad loss. A strong conference showing and BB win will definitely have you guys right there. :Cheers:

we hope so, it's been a while since our last NCAA appearance
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » December 31st, 2012, 7:51 pm

BB won't be helping you or anyone else from the Valley much in its last and thankfully final year.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby isumvc1 » December 31st, 2012, 8:09 pm

shoxrox wrote:BB won't be helping you or anyone else from the Valley much in its last and thankfully final year.

very true, thank God that dreadful event is ending
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball