An Explantion For WSU's Beating Expectations

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: An Explantion For WSU's Beating Expectations

Postby xsaluki » January 1st, 2013, 6:46 pm

Every time a team has a good run, the douche ratio increases for that team. That goes for all the teams mentioned in this thread. I can't wait until we can hopefully string together more than two wins and overrun this joint. Until then enjoy the peace and quit seeking approval...
xsaluki
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » January 1st, 2013, 6:48 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:First off my post never referenced Indiana St. but did Illinois State. Secondly as far as the history lessons, being from St Louis and beyond 50 years old, I've followed the Valley long before Missouri State came into it. Funny that we don't see the same behavior from Drake and Bradley fans despite their rich heritage in the Valley as well, so those rationalizations ring a little hollow. And funny UNI can't refer to a history of excellence that is only 3 years ago, but we constantly have to hear about the history of WSU in the 70's and 80's.

My experience has always been if you are truly good, you rarely have to spout it because others are more than willing to do it for you. I have no problem giving credit to WSU for their current success , they've earned it; but not anymore than any other MVC program did over the years.

Cold likes to constantly reference the D-2 heritage of some of the other Valley schools , but what tends to come out of that is how embarrassed WSU is to not have been one of the MVC schools that were courted to the opportunities Louisville,Memphis, Cinn. and other schools were, and then to have the schools that they had to now share the league with, almost all out perform them in the first decade of the current league structure. Had to be a bitter pill .

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the lead post on this thread. There was something terribly wrong and uncalled for with the second post. You bag on the fans of the first post and let the second post go. Bad call.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » January 1st, 2013, 7:07 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:First off my post never referenced Indiana St. but did Illinois State. Secondly as far as the history lessons, being from St Louis and beyond 50 years old, I've followed the Valley long before Missouri State came into it. Funny that we don't see the same behavior from Drake and Bradley fans despite their rich heritage in the Valley as well, so those rationalizations ring a little hollow.

The bandwagon Drake fans in 2007-08 overran the old Valleytalk. Most of them were not rational.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 1st, 2013, 9:16 pm

Have I ever said how much I love DUBulldog? I couldn't say a bad thing about Drake if I wanted to because of this guy. He totally disarms me (no homo).

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shoxrox » January 1st, 2013, 9:41 pm

C0|db|00ded wrote:Have I ever said how much I love DUBulldog? I couldn't say a bad thing about Drake if I wanted to because of this guy. He totally disarms me (no homo).

T

:+1:
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Deanthonybowdenfan » January 2nd, 2013, 6:51 am

WSU does recruit more high prestige recruits than any other valley school. They also are one of the only, if not the only, valley schools to currently recruit illegally . Do i really care ? not really, cause it makes the valley better and many teams from other leagues do the same thing. But my point being that the rest of the valley teams dont cheat on recruiting (to my knowledge). I hope wsu isnt caught just for the sake of the league, but someday soon it could come back to haunt them . And shocker fans im sure will deny this but there are some of them that already know this to be true.
Deanthonybowdenfan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby LanceShock » January 2nd, 2013, 8:30 am

Deanthonybowden wrote:WSU does recruit more high prestige recruits than any other valley school. They also are one of the only, if not the only, valley schools to currently recruit illegally . Do i really care ? not really, cause it makes the valley better and many teams from other leagues do the same thing. But my point being that the rest of the valley teams dont cheat on recruiting (to my knowledge). I hope wsu isnt caught just for the sake of the league, but someday soon it could come back to haunt them . And shocker fans im sure will deny this but there are some of them that already know this to be true.

Nothing shows you are losing the argument more than to pull out vague allegations without presenting any proof.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby kochhead22 » January 2nd, 2013, 9:00 am

Deanthonybowden wrote:WSU does recruit more high prestige recruits than any other valley school. They also are one of the only, if not the only, valley schools to currently recruit illegally . Do i really care ? not really, cause it makes the valley better and many teams from other leagues do the same thing. But my point being that the rest of the valley teams dont cheat on recruiting (to my knowledge). I hope wsu isnt caught just for the sake of the league, but someday soon it could come back to haunt them . And shocker fans im sure will deny this but there are some of them that already know this to be true.

Take a step back from the bar stool and put down the bottle.
kochhead22
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 2nd, 2013, 10:11 am

Outstanding reporting Mr. Ross! Your scoop reiterates what VCU fans have been saying all along - regarding the only way we were able to get Carl Hall from them was to pay him. Let me offer you another little tidbit you might not have been aware of; we fund Gregg Marshall's 1.6 million dollar salary with laundered drug money! I know right? And just to come totally clean (this feels so good), Wichita State's nationally renown engineering research department, NIAR, is shipping arms to Syria and Iran.

T

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shoxrox » January 2nd, 2013, 12:12 pm

Well, that's about as low, reaching, and pathetic as you can get.

It looks like CU now has one of "those" fans..
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball