Just My Thoughts on the Valley this year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Deanthonybowdenfan » January 1st, 2013, 12:50 am

Unlike typical valley seasons, this year is top heavy, with 4 very solid teams, 2 decent teams, and 4 downright bad teams. Typically a league with no nights off, i think this year , for the top valley teams, there will be 4 or 5 games where its basically a day of rest/automatic win. I havent seen everyone play a lot, but ive seen creighton , wsu, ind. st, ill. st, uni all play more than once, and bradley , evansville, and drake play once. Heres my thoughts in order from best team to worst.

1) Creighton- yea i mite be biased but it dont matter this year cause this creighton team truely is as good as the korver/house/bowden team from 6 or so years back that was rated in the top 10 most of the year. They just have all the pieces, there much better than last years team, there the smartest and toughest team in the league, yes i said toughest -finally creighton has some toughness. The one possible downfall is Grant Gibbs health.

2) Illinois State- i like this team a lot, theyve lost some games but they were very close and to very good teams, best athletes in the league. wether or not they can gell into a TEAM, a single unit, determines just how good they will be.

3)Indiana stste- Odums back! this teams back! Odum is the best player in the league behind Mcdermott. Not the best athletes but this team is smart and savvy.

4) WSU- Very good individual players, but like always this team is over-hyped. yea there 11-1 even with some players out from injuries , but they lack toughness, smarts, and TEAM play, there missing all the intangibles, basketball is a team game. It takes kansans a lil longer to learn things, but someday they may. Btw there fans arent as loud as they think, that place isnt even hard to win in, both uni and creighton are tougher environments to win in.

5) UNI -give em time, by the end of the year theyll be much better, they may even sneak out of the Lou as champs, theyre well coached, smart, and this makes up for their lack of athleticism, not to mention best home court advantage in the league.

6) Bradley- there only 4 losses are two at the buzzer, one to top 20 michigan, and one to a solid south florida team, they are good defensively, i just didnt see enough on offense to be convinced of them yet.Lookin at their schedule i may not be giving em enough credit

7) Drake- good guards , just not enough firepower to beat the top teams in the league

8) Evansville- Aside from colt ryan theres noone on the team any good

9 and 10) im not gonna waste my time
Deanthonybowdenfan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Just My Thoughts on the Valley this year

Postby Haha » January 1st, 2013, 8:24 am

Which shocker fan are you and how drunk are you?
Last edited by Haha on January 1st, 2013, 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » January 1st, 2013, 8:26 am

Deanthonybowden wrote:7) Drake- good guards , just not enough firepower to beat the top teams in the league

Thus far, the guard play has been much worse for Drake than the frontcourt play.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby isumvc1 » January 1st, 2013, 8:32 am

Haha wrote:Which shocker fan are you and how drunk are you?

not sure we can trust a review from someone who:

1. doesn't know the difference between "their" and "they're"

2. can't spell
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » January 1st, 2013, 9:54 am

Wait did he say UNI has the best home court advantage in the league? :huh:
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » January 1st, 2013, 10:34 am

I'm not sure if there was an agenda to this thread, but the analysis was pretty bad.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 1st, 2013, 10:56 am

This poster is apparently a fan of my thoughts and comments on everything BJ and simply cannot stay silent any longer. I wonder if he/she will be around after January 18th?

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shoxrox » January 1st, 2013, 11:43 am

Got to love analysis that leads with a person patting themselves on the back in 3rd person. That usually is a harbinger for things to come..

By the way, it's not 2002 anymore.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 1st, 2013, 1:19 pm

Deanthonybowden wrote:Unlike typical valley seasons, this year is top heavy, with 4 very solid teams, 2 decent teams, and 4 downright bad teams. Typically a league with no nights off, i think this year , for the top valley teams, there will be 4 or 5 games where its basically a day of rest/automatic win. I havent seen everyone play a lot, but ive seen creighton , wsu, ind. st, ill. st, uni all play more than once, and bradley , evansville, and drake play once. Heres my thoughts in order from best team to worst.

1) Creighton- yea i mite be biased but it dont matter this year cause this creighton team truely is as good as the korver/house/bowden team from 6 or so years back that was rated in the top 10 most of the year. They just have all the pieces, there much better than last years team, there the smartest and toughest team in the league, yes i said toughest -finally creighton has some toughness. The one possible downfall is Grant Gibbs health.

2) Illinois State- i like this team a lot, theyve lost some games but they were very close and to very good teams, best athletes in the league. wether or not they can gell into a TEAM, a single unit, determines just how good they will be.

3)Indiana stste- Odums back! this teams back! Odum is the best player in the league behind Mcdermott. Not the best athletes but this team is smart and savvy.

4) WSU- Very good individual players, but like always this team is over-hyped. yea there 11-1 even with some players out from injuries , but they lack toughness, smarts, and TEAM play, there missing all the intangibles, basketball is a team game. It takes kansans a lil longer to learn things, but someday they may. Btw there fans arent as loud as they think, that place isnt even hard to win in, both uni and creighton are tougher environments to win in.

5) UNI -give em time, by the end of the year theyll be much better, they may even sneak out of the Lou as champs, theyre well coached, smart, and this makes up for their lack of athleticism, not to mention best home court advantage in the league.

6) Bradley- there only 4 losses are two at the buzzer, one to top 20 michigan, and one to a solid south florida team, they are good defensively, i just didnt see enough on offense to be convinced of them yet.Lookin at their schedule i may not be giving em enough credit

7) Drake- good guards , just not enough firepower to beat the top teams in the league

8) Evansville- Aside from colt ryan theres noone on the team any good

9 and 10) im not gonna waste my time

Please clean up the extensive, poor grammar in this post. Then I might have a prayer of a chance of learning your point of view.

I am pretty sure that you did not graduate from Creighton University.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 1st, 2013, 2:48 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:Please clean up the extensive, poor grammar in this post. Then I might have a prayer of a chance of learning your point of view.

I am pretty sure that you did not graduate from Creighton University.

Don't be so sure Ricky. It could be this guy...

http://openjurist.org/957/f2d/410/ross-v-creighton-university

When he left Creighton, Mr. Ross had the overall language skills of a fourth grader and the reading skills of a seventh grader. Consequently, Mr. Ross enrolled, at Creighton's expense, for a year of remedial education at the Westside Preparatory School in Chicago. At Westside, Mr. Ross attended classes with grade school children.

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball