Just My Thoughts on the Valley this year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Just My Thoughts on the Valley this year

Postby MVCgreatest » January 1st, 2013, 8:09 pm

[/quote] WSU- Very good individual players, but like always this team is over-hyped. yea there 11-1 even with some players out from injuries , but they lack toughness, smarts, and TEAM play, there missing all the intangibles, basketball is a team game. It takes kansans a lil longer to learn things, but someday they may. Btw there fans arent as loud as they think, that place isnt even hard to win in, both uni and creighton are tougher environments to win in.

I stopped by this board for the first time, about 30 minutes ago, and I came across this.......Tripe. This bull is so bad that I immediately registered with MVCFANS just so I could reply to Deanthonybowden:

Deanthonybowden - in all the history of message boards this is one of the least insightful paragraphs ever written.

For the love of all that is holy will you back up each of your statements (they lack toughness, smarts, TEAM play) with even one (1) example? PLEASE.....I need to know that you are either serious your maybe you have consumed too much cough syrup.
MVCgreatest
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jays26 » January 1st, 2013, 8:35 pm

MVCgreatest wrote:
WSU- Very good individual players, but like always this team is over-hyped. yea there 11-1 even with some players out from injuries , but they lack toughness, smarts, and TEAM play, there missing all the intangibles, basketball is a team game. It takes kansans a lil longer to learn things, but someday they may. Btw there fans arent as loud as they think, that place isnt even hard to win in, both uni and creighton are tougher environments to win in.

I stopped by this board for the first time, about 30 minutes ago, and I came across this.......Tripe. This bull is so bad that I immediately registered with MVCFANS just so I could reply to Deanthonybowden:

Deanthonybowden - in all the history of message boards this is one of the least insightful paragraphs ever written.

For the love of all that is holy will you back up each of your statements (they lack toughness, smarts, TEAM play) with even one (1) example? PLEASE.....I need to know that you are either serious your maybe you have consumed too much cough syrup.
[/quote]

:Stupid:

Please don't tell me you came on here just to reply to this idiot. And by the way, I'll guarantee he is not a Jays fan.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shoxrox » January 1st, 2013, 9:52 pm

Jays26 wrote:Please don't tell me you came on here just to reply to this idiot. And by the way, I'll guarantee he is not a Jays fan.

Guarantee? That's a strong response. What makes you think he's not a Creighton fan and how are you going to prove it?

Is it unfathomable to think that a Creighton fan can't be ignorant or troll around here? His short posting history says otherwise.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ace Dad » January 2nd, 2013, 2:17 am

Deanthonybowden wrote:Unlike typical valley seasons, this year is top heavy, with 4 very solid teams, 2 decent teams, and 4 downright bad teams. Typically a league with no nights off, i think this year , for the top valley teams, there will be 4 or 5 games where its basically a day of rest/automatic win. I havent seen everyone play a lot, but ive seen creighton , wsu, ind. st, ill. st, uni all play more than once, and bradley , evansville, and drake play once. Heres my thoughts in order from best team to worst.

1) Creighton- yea i mite be biased but it dont matter this year cause this creighton team truely is as good as the korver/house/bowden team from 6 or so years back that was rated in the top 10 most of the year. They just have all the pieces, there much better than last years team, there the smartest and toughest team in the league, yes i said toughest -finally creighton has some toughness. The one possible downfall is Grant Gibbs health.

2) Illinois State- i like this team a lot, theyve lost some games but they were very close and to very good teams, best athletes in the league. wether or not they can gell into a TEAM, a single unit, determines just how good they will be.

3)Indiana stste- Odums back! this teams back! Odum is the best player in the league behind Mcdermott. Not the best athletes but this team is smart and savvy.

4) WSU- Very good individual players, but like always this team is over-hyped. yea there 11-1 even with some players out from injuries , but they lack toughness, smarts, and TEAM play, there missing all the intangibles, basketball is a team game. It takes kansans a lil longer to learn things, but someday they may. Btw there fans arent as loud as they think, that place isnt even hard to win in, both uni and creighton are tougher environments to win in.

5) UNI -give em time, by the end of the year theyll be much better, they may even sneak out of the Lou as champs, theyre well coached, smart, and this makes up for their lack of athleticism, not to mention best home court advantage in the league.

6) Bradley- there only 4 losses are two at the buzzer, one to top 20 michigan, and one to a solid south florida team, they are good defensively, i just didnt see enough on offense to be convinced of them yet.Lookin at their schedule i may not be giving em enough credit

7) Drake- good guards , just not enough firepower to beat the top teams in the league

8) Evansville- Aside from colt ryan theres noone on the team any good

9 and 10) im not gonna waste my time

This may qualify as the lamest analysis I have ever read on this board. There are no nights off in Valley play. There are no automatic wins. You may want to delete your post because this will be cannon fodder in about 4 weeks.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Deanthonybowdenfan » January 2nd, 2013, 5:46 am

Id like to make it clear that this isnt deanthony bowden , just my screenname. thought i better make that clear since my post did have some lackluster comments. However un educated some of my points may have been, i do believe what i said . just my opinions , i havent seen enough play from a lot of the teams yet to really know. i just think that illinois state and indiana state are better than wsu from what ive seen thus far. call me dumb, but when the valley season is over and they both finish above wsu then we can talk. As for drakes inside game bein better than their guard play- bein that hes a drake fan he would know more than me on this one, the game i watched drake play i thought they had some good guards, and i didnt see much good inside play, but that was the only game i saw of them. :buddies:
Deanthonybowdenfan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 2nd, 2013, 8:53 am

shoxrox wrote:
Jays26 wrote:Please don't tell me you came on here just to reply to this idiot. And by the way, I'll guarantee he is not a Jays fan.

Guarantee? That's a strong response. What makes you think he's not a Creighton fan and how are you going to prove it?

Is it unfathomable to think that a Creighton fan can't be ignorant or troll around here? His short posting history says otherwise.

The grammar, punctuation and sentence structure seems extremely out of character for a Creighton fan. These aren't basic typos , but more of a full on grammatical mess. Be honest and ask yourself, "Have you ever seen a Creighton fan author posts with this level of grammatical issues before?" (And if you answer yes, I'd like to hear the name of that poster please because I sure don't remember him or her).

The style appears more representative of the dofo or newshock posters from Shockernet.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » January 2nd, 2013, 11:41 am

Really? Because a Creighton poster has never typed a post like that means it can never happen? The poster signed up nearly 2 years ago. I don't think a poster like DOFO was even born to know who Deanthony Bowden was.

Why is it automatically assumed to be a WSU fan or a non-Creighton fan? Are all Creighton fans infallible?
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AndShock » January 2nd, 2013, 12:27 pm

I'm interested in the mods running an IP check so we can at least get a ballpark location of where this tool is posting from.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 2nd, 2013, 12:58 pm

shoxrox wrote:Really? Because a Creighton poster has never typed a post like that means it can never happen? The poster signed up nearly 2 years ago. I don't think a poster like DOFO was even born to know who Deanthony Bowden was.

Why is it automatically assumed to be a WSU fan or a non-Creighton fan? Are all Creighton fans infallible?

No, not infallible (except the Pope who most definitely is a Creighton fan :D ). I am a little suspect though when something like this appears for the first time. Anything is possible I guess, but that doesn't make it likely.

Don't you think it is telling though Baller, when even WSU posters here (RDR) and on Shockernet question whether it is actually a Creighton fan. Heck, there are posters on Shockernet speculating that it is actually a WSU poster only clothing themself in a Creighton screen name. In other words, even some Shockers are doubtful.

By the way, I wasn't born when Dave Stallworth played at WSU either, but I know who he is. Also, Bowden's last year at Creighton was 2003... that means that dofo would have to be no older than 10 to not have been born when he played...
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 2nd, 2013, 1:45 pm

I would be most surprised, if Deanthony was a Blue Bird former student, current student or graduate.

I believe he is what you see on the screen - a poorly educated doofus, who trying to stir up controversy.

Doofuses do not typically become fans of universities, which have the reputation of academic excellence.

Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball