Just My Thoughts on the Valley this year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Just My Thoughts on the Valley this year

Postby bradley_brave1989 » January 2nd, 2013, 1:57 pm

Can we lay off the guy. His knowledge and prediction may be well off base, but i think he was trying to get into the game and conversation, that being said he is way off with the Shockers.
GENO!
bradley_brave1989
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shocktheheart » January 2nd, 2013, 2:24 pm

bradley_brave1989 wrote:Can we lay off the guy. His knowledge and prediction may be well off base, but i think he was trying to get into the game and conversation, that being said he is way off with the Shockers.

You don't try to "get into the game" by accusing another school of recruiting violations without some sort of proof. You are just trying to bait other posters.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 2nd, 2013, 2:27 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:The grammar, punctuation and sentence structure seems extremely out of character for a Creighton fan. These aren't basic typos , but more of a full on grammatical mess.

http://federal-circuits.vlex.com/vid/kevin-ross-creighton-university-defendant-37427954

When he left Creighton, Mr. Ross had the overall language skills of a fourth grader and the reading skills of a seventh grader. Consequently, Mr. Ross enrolled, at Creighton's expense, for a year of remedial education at the Westside Preparatory School in Chicago. At Westside, Mr. Ross attended classes with grade school children.

http://sports.espn.go.com/page2/tvlistings/show103transcript.html

BOB LEY, ESPN - March 17th, 2002. March madness is about basketball, not the system of higher education supporting these games. In the wake of revelations of abysmal graduation rates, questions abound about how prepared young players are to attend college, recalling this former player's experience.

KEVIN ROSS - I opened that book up, I was just scared to death because I said this is what it's all about. How am I going to get through this?

LEY - Kevin Ross made national headlines when he completed four years of college and was found to be illiterate.

LISA SALTERS - Did they know you couldn't read?

ROSS - They had to. They had to know. I fulfilled my contract by playing for them so they should have fulfilled their contract by educating me.

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 2nd, 2013, 2:34 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:No, not infallible (except the Pope who most definitely is a Creighton fan :D ).

I'm assuming the big smiley face was signaling facetiousness regarding the Pope being infallible...?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1260536/Pope-implicated-cover-paedophile-priest-sex-abuse-200-deaf-boys.html

The Pope has been accused of failing to act against a known paedophile priest.

The claim that Pope Benedict XVI covered up the case of an American curate who abused 200 deaf children sent shockwaves through the Vatican.

Correspondence published between U.S. bishops and the future pontiff in the 1990s apparently show that he ignored their pleas for him to act.

T

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » January 2nd, 2013, 2:59 pm

Unbelievable weak.....and sad.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 2nd, 2013, 3:24 pm

Jays26 wrote:Unbelievable weak.....and sad.

Indeed. 200 poor deaf souls. I mean, who the hell has that kind of appetite? 200? Really? I could see covering up one or two incidents, but 200 all from the same pervert? Everybody involved in that unthinkable crime (including the Pope) should be locked up in a cage for the rest of their lives with a band of rapists.

Look at what the Penn St. fella got for just molesting a hand full of victims. Now imagine 200? WTF? I know the first step to a solution. You can find a detailed illustration in the new movie DJango. It's the scene where Jamie Foxx's character is being hung upside down and about to have an out-patient procedure done to his person.

T

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball