Will Egolf arrested

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Will Egolf arrested

Postby squirrel » January 7th, 2013, 3:25 pm

Egolf has resumed practicing with the team, but will not travel to Terre Haute as his situation is still under review within the University, according to PJStar's Dave Reynolds this afternoon.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby squirrel » January 11th, 2013, 3:41 pm

Egolf pleaded guilty in court today, and issued a public apology through Bradley University per WMBD Radio and Dave Reynolds Twitter. All the pieces appear to be in place for his return Tuesday, which would equal the university handbook required 4 game suspension served retroactively.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » January 11th, 2013, 3:56 pm

Ace Dad wrote:
kochhead22 wrote:Matt Buedel, @journobuedel tweeted a while ago that he is being held on $3,000 bond for a felony drug charge and needs $300 for his release.

I really hope that this kid is not still in jail because of $300. Nothing good happens in jail. Nothing.

I learned how to make wine from rice while in jail. That's a pretty good life skill.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 11th, 2013, 4:10 pm

In all seriousness, if the kid needs help and he is no longer on the team, can't a booster spring him? I can't imagine that being an extra benefit when he's no longer on the team. Maybe I'm wrong and the NCAA won't allow it, but if so, that's a pretty oppressive interpretation of the rules.

I know I can buy a Lexus, Rolex or even a ham sandwich for any and all of my three nephews that play on three different Valley teams in two different sports, but I can't buy their teammates so much as a small drink, much less an order of fries. I think I can bail my nephews out, them out, too. Their teammates are screwed.

On another note, interacting with the three over Christmas, it was funny to see how different the perspective is of the players that compete, compared to the drivel of the fans. Fun stuff.

Back on track, please, someone with the means, to hell with whatever the NCAA says, give him a break and spring him.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 11th, 2013, 4:17 pm

Oops, only saw AceDad's post. All is good for Egolf and I wish him the best. Some booster should slip him a ham sammich, order of fries and a drink. Don't let the NCAA know about it, though.
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball