Will Egolf arrested

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Will Egolf arrested

Postby Wufan » January 2nd, 2013, 12:26 pm

ptownbraves wrote:
bcg wrote:Is it really that hard to get these painkillers? Any time I'm at the doctor's office, they are always offering to write a prescription for them.

I can only speculate, but maybe team doctors stopped dispensing them and he was still feeling pain in his knee. I could see a University carefully controlling pain meds for college kids. Then maybe once the meds stopped and he still felt pain or got hooked when he was on them, he sought them out himself on the street. Purely speculation though.

In a non-competitive social setting, one is pretty well hooked if he/she isn't getting these from a doctor. Once they stop prescribing, you just switch docs. It is probably different for a collegiate athlete that has team doctors.

The other possibility, with it being so close to New Year's, is that he just wanted to party! Most addicts buy in relative bulk, where as six is recreational IMO. If he is addicted, and only bought six, then he is hard up.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bradley_brave1989 » January 2nd, 2013, 1:55 pm

Hope he gets well...but from a bball stand point this hurts the braves deeply IMO. Best outside shooter and his size will be missed.
GENO!
bradley_brave1989
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 2nd, 2013, 3:59 pm

Pain killers are very addictive and withdrawal symptoms are extreme if not life threatening. If he was buying from a dealer, he was hooked and needed a fix. Perhaps it all started out innocent enough, but now he is a drug addict and needs to find his way to rehab.

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby saluki762 » January 2nd, 2013, 4:18 pm

C0|db|00ded wrote:Pain killers are very addictive and withdrawal symptoms are extreme if not life threatening. If he was buying from a dealer, he was hooked and needed a fix. Perhaps it all started out innocent enough, but now he is a drug addict and needs to find his way to rehab.

T

...:cool:

This is the truth. I work in law enforcement and can tell you that prescription pain killers are every bit as bad as cocaine or heroin and because of there much larger numbers and easy availability. There are very legitimate reasons that these drugs are lumped together similarly.

That said, I hope this is a wake up call. A first time offender deserves nothing but probation, rehab, and community service.

Basketball should be the last thing on anyone's mind following this arrest. Everyone should be hoping that it is a wake up call and that it came early enough to save WE. If he is deep into opiate addiction, he has a long tough road ahead and deserves support but doesn't even need to think about basketball.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby kochhead22 » January 2nd, 2013, 4:34 pm

Matt Buedel, @journobuedel tweeted a while ago that he is being held on $3,000 bond for a felony drug charge and needs $300 for his release.
kochhead22
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ace Dad » January 2nd, 2013, 11:00 pm

kochhead22 wrote:Matt Buedel, @journobuedel tweeted a while ago that he is being held on $3,000 bond for a felony drug charge and needs $300 for his release.

I really hope that this kid is not still in jail because of $300. Nothing good happens in jail. Nothing.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UE 71 » January 3rd, 2013, 12:06 am

Parents??
UE 71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby agrinut » January 3rd, 2013, 12:16 am

Ace Dad wrote:
kochhead22 wrote:Matt Buedel, @journobuedel tweeted a while ago that he is being held on $3,000 bond for a felony drug charge and needs $300 for his release.

I really hope that this kid is not still in jail because of $300. Nothing good happens in jail. Nothing.

Surely the judge would grant an OR if his attorney requested.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Majik45 » January 3rd, 2013, 9:19 am

Egolf was held for 2 days in jail not because he didn't have the money, but because it took a while to get the police report and then have a bail hearing because of the timing of the incident. It happened on New Years Eve, and then they couldn't get the correct people and information in place for a hearing on January 1. He was released yesterday.

He is from Alaska, but has a brother who lives in Peoria here.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » January 3rd, 2013, 10:06 am

Egolf's parents were also in town.

He came up with the money and was released yesterday.

Geno Ford will meet with him Friday to determine Will's future.

Not having him hurts Bradley for sure--but for Egolf's personal sake I wish he would give up the game.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball