Illinois State vs. Creighton

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Illinois State vs. Creighton

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 2nd, 2013, 6:32 am

Seems when the Bluejays are all hitting three's...McD, Wragge, Gibbs...and who ever else...the point margin widens fast. I think that is what the Redbirds would be wary of. The Bluejays can pull the plug on a team fast.

The Valley "road" hasn't been kind so far this year, either.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 2nd, 2013, 9:01 am

The spotlight game of the night by far.

A lot of talk about WSU being down to 8 or 9 guys, but Creighton is essentially playing seven.

This game scares the hell out of me. I had it penciled in as a loss before the season. Having IlSU coming off of a loss, it worries me even more as I find it unlikely that that IlSU will lose two in a row.

The only good thing for CU is that IlSU is less likely to double our bigs than any other team in the league.

IMO, this game comes down to who can make their three pointers. Whichever team is hitting from outside should walk away with the victory.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby kochhead22 » January 2nd, 2013, 9:04 am

Should be a good game, hopefully whatever establishment i watch the WSU game at will also have this game on, if not i guess i'll have to record it. I'll take CU by 7.
kochhead22
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Red » January 2nd, 2013, 9:06 am

I know it's early but it is probably safe to say that if the Redbirds lose tonight that our chance of winning the MVC crown is gone.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 2nd, 2013, 10:01 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:The only good thing for CU is that IlSU is less likely to double our big

*fixed*

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird23 » January 2nd, 2013, 12:00 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:IMO, this game comes down to who can make their three pointers. Whichever team is hitting from outside should walk away with the victory.

Went to game last year at Redbird, until Allen and Hill came in and started hitting 3's, ISU was 2 for 27 at one point. Hopefully refs are fair this game and don't give Redbird Bench a T for the crowd having "excessive vocal displeasure". Biggest BS I've ever heard. If they wanted the booing to stop you shouldn't do that...
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Red » January 2nd, 2013, 12:56 pm

Redbird23 wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:IMO, this game comes down to who can make their three pointers. Whichever team is hitting from outside should walk away with the victory.

Went to game last year at Redbird, until Allen and Hill came in and started hitting 3's, ISU was 2 for 27 at one point. Hopefully refs are fair this game and don't give Redbird Bench a T for the crowd having "excessive vocal displeasure". Biggest BS I've ever heard. If they wanted the booing to stop you shouldn't do that...

We had quite a comeback after being down big. It was the stupid technical foul on Hill where he pushed Gibbs that ended our chances if you remember.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird23 » January 2nd, 2013, 1:00 pm

Red wrote:We had quite a comeback after being down big. It was the stupid technical foul on Hill where he pushed Gibbs that ended our chances if you remember.

Ya I was confused why he took him out though, was it because Gibbs said something, or the anger of missing the go ahead bucket/tieing bucket
:huh:
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Red » January 2nd, 2013, 1:05 pm

Redbird23 wrote:
Red wrote:We had quite a comeback after being down big. It was the stupid technical foul on Hill where he pushed Gibbs that ended our chances if you remember.

Ya I was confused why he took him out though, was it because Gibbs said something, or the anger of missing the go ahead bucket/tieing bucket
:huh:

I think he was overly aggressive and probably frustrated. Fouled him to get him to put him on the line and then pushed him out of bounds to add to it.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby wildjays » January 2nd, 2013, 3:59 pm

Here are some things to read before the game:

Polyfro Primer: http://whiteandbluereview.com/?p=21597
From the Other Side--we talk to Jim Benson: http://whiteandbluereview.com/?p=21587
Media Menu--Ways to watch/follow the game: http://whiteandbluereview.com/?p=21592

It is definitely going to be a battle. Redbirds won't want to start 0-2 in league play and they will probably be fired up. Jays will escape with a 4 point win.
-----
White and Blue Review
http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball