Indiana State @ UNI 8 PM EST

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Indiana State @ UNI 8 PM EST

Postby MoValley John » January 2nd, 2013, 9:22 pm

Wichita, Creighton and Indiana State solidify their places as top 3 to beat.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby getreal4 » January 2nd, 2013, 9:59 pm

MoValley John wrote:Wichita, Creighton and Indiana State solidify their places as top 3 to beat.

:+1:
getreal4
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » January 2nd, 2013, 10:02 pm

MoValley John wrote:Wichita, Creighton and Indiana State solidify their places as top 3 to beat.

IlSU has a brutal start to conference play. I expect they will be back in the mix, but CU and WSU are probably looking at 2 or so losses for the season and IlSU already has 2 losses.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » January 2nd, 2013, 10:02 pm

We are not a good team right now. It is odd. They do not look like a typical Jacobson team. They look like they don't want to play. No one is giving any sort of effort, and this is lowest basketball IQ team we have ever had. Stupid lazy passes and just overall not smart basketball being played. Something has to happen. Something needs to change or someone needs to light a fire under their asses.

Indiana State grinded out a win. Gotta give credit to Jake Odum. It is easy to tell he is healthy this year and wasn't last year. I was also impressed with Gant. He appears to have really improved.

On a side note the refs were awful tonight. They were real bad for both teams. This is the second time we had that crew and it was officiated the same way. Ed Hightower and his boys are not good. Heck he called a ball out of bounds tonight when it was clearly not even close to being out of bounds. I would say it was the worst call I have seen, but I saw the officials in the South Carolina vs Michigan football game completely botch a very obvious call.

I digress. Congrats to Indiana State, and lots of disappointment in Panther land tonight.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 2nd, 2013, 10:13 pm

Just goes to show you that you never know for sure what's going to happen in the valley. Hardly anyone picked the Trees for a top 3 finish did they?
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » January 2nd, 2013, 10:20 pm

glm38 wrote:

Just goes to show you that you never know for sure what's going to happen in the valley. Hardly anyone picked the Trees for a top 3 finish did they?

Not many picked WSU either, at least in the media poll..
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 2nd, 2013, 10:29 pm

shoxrox wrote:
glm38 wrote:

Not many picked WSU either, at least in the media poll..

True.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FearDaTrees » January 2nd, 2013, 11:11 pm

After our Bahamas summer trip, this team really gained some attention in Terre Haute. We just didn't know what we had in Arop and Smith. Arop has def. turned out to be the player Gonzaga recruited him as.
FearDaTrees
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Haha » January 3rd, 2013, 7:29 am

FearDaTrees wrote:After our Bahamas summer trip, this team really gained some attention in Terre Haute. We just didn't know what we had in Arop and Smith. Arop has def. turned out to be the player Gonzaga recruited him as.

I noticed ISUb has a transfer and JUCO as a big part of things. UNI does not approve they sir run a "character" program, so really who where the true winners last night?

Seriously though, I am glad a third program is stepping it up this year.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Khan4Cats » January 3rd, 2013, 9:01 am

Indiana State reminded me a lot of the UNI teams of a few years ago last night. Smart, heady basketball players with no "superstars" but all effective in what they do, including a savvy point guard leading the way. I'm not going to say that they're going to beat WSU or CU right now, but I have no doubts if they keep playing with the confidence and chemistry they showed last night, they will be competitive.

UNI, on the other hand, is really struggling with an identity right now. Mitchell was sick most of the week and ineffective which left Anthony James running things at the point and he looked like a true freshman in some of his decision making rather than a fifth-year senior. Tuttle is fighting hard to put this team on his back but no one else is going with him.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball