Standings after two games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Standings after two games

Postby pafan » January 3rd, 2013, 8:54 pm

Turner wrote:
BCPanther wrote:How is UNI-Illinois State not on TV anywhere??

Just realized one of them will be 0-3. Tough hole to climb out of particularly for Illinois St if they have any at large hopes.

UNI's at-large chances are already extremely slim, going 0-3 to start the league would probably dash them completely. UNI isn't going to go on any 12 game win s treaks this year.

I feel like I just punched valleychamp's dog.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BradleyBrave » January 3rd, 2013, 11:38 pm

My goal is still .500. But 2-0 is nice.
"At some point in the near future, we're going to have a team out there competing for championships" - Geno Ford, November 9, 2011.
BradleyBrave
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby shoxrox » January 3rd, 2013, 11:50 pm

UNI is still in the at-large picture because of their schedule.

Can johnnydugouts come back here and straighten things out? I haven't seen him in about a week.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby FearDaTrees » January 4th, 2013, 6:35 am

shoxrox wrote:UNI is still in the at-large picture because of their schedule.

Can johnnydugouts come back here and straighten things out? I haven't seen him in about a week.

I'm sorry UNI Nation but that ship has already sailed away. You can't get an at-large bid with zero quality non- conf wins. I am not counting St. Mary's as a quality win even if they are 11-3. The quality of opponents they have beat is sad. UNI would have to virtually win every game for the remainder of the reg. season and make it to the semi's in the conf. tournament to be considered. Let's just say they do get the ball rolling and finish 15-3, they would be 22-10 with an RPI around 40-50. As we all know, the committee isn't always kind to our bubble teams with resumes like this in the first place, but add on the fact that they didn't beat any BCS schools........not good. The BracketBuster is very important for the Panthers this year if they want to keep these pipe dreams alive.
FearDaTrees
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Khan4Cats » January 4th, 2013, 8:39 am

FearDaTrees wrote:
shoxrox wrote:UNI is still in the at-large picture because of their schedule.

I'm sorry UNI Nation but that ship has already sailed away. You can't get an at-large bid with zero quality non- conf wins. I am not counting St. Mary's as a quality win even if they are 11-3. The quality of opponents they have beat is sad. UNI would have to virtually win every game for the remainder of the reg. season and make it to the semi's in the conf. tournament to be considered. Let's just say they do get the ball rolling and finish 15-3, they would be 22-10 with an RPI around 40-50. As we all know, the committee isn't always kind to our bubble teams with resumes like this in the first place, but add on the fact that they didn't beat any BCS schools........not good. The BracketBuster is very important for the Panthers this year if they want to keep these pipe dreams alive.

There is nothing in the BracketBuster that can help UNI this year, 1) they are a home team which means a minimal bump even if there were any decent road teams to line up against-which there are not and 2) they are WAY back on the RPI list to get one of the 'top' road teams anyways, will probably be looking at a 150+ team being matched up with them, though that may still be good enough for one of the TV slots this year in the trainwreck that is BB

Of course, that won't stop the fans of the Final Four bound teams from constantly harping on the at-large chances that UNI fans were looking at for potential scenarios.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » January 4th, 2013, 9:05 am

pafan wrote:
Turner wrote:
BCPanther wrote:How is UNI-Illinois State not on TV anywhere??

Just realized one of them will be 0-3. Tough hole to climb out of particularly for Illinois St if they have any at large hopes.

UNI's at-large chances are already extremely slim, going 0-3 to start the league would probably dash them completely. UNI isn't going to go on any 12 game win s treaks this year.

Slim left town over a week ago. UNI's RPI this morning is 157. They aren't on the bubble for anything except Thursday night at the MVC Tourney.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » January 4th, 2013, 9:49 am

shocktheheart wrote:
pafan wrote:UNI's at-large chances are already extremely slim, going 0-3 to start the league would probably dash them completely. UNI isn't going to go on any 12 game win s treaks this year.

Slim left town over a week ago. UNI's RPI this morning is 157. They aren't on the bubble for anything except Thursday night at the MVC Tourney.

It's 123. Not good but not 157. Realtime is screwed up right now because it lists/calculates the Iowa game as a home game and doesn't even have the St. Mary's game figured in.

And they are not a bubble team. Needed to win one of the two in Wichita or Omaha and not lose any home games to have had any outside, minimal chance.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball