Who are the 4 Thursday night teams

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Who are the 4 Thursday night teams

Postby MoBraves » January 4th, 2013, 11:38 am

ptownbraves wrote:I know everyone is excited for conference ball, but it is way too early to tell at this point who is playing on Thursday. Bradley at 2-0 doesn't tell me much of anything since there is so much season left. Let's bump this thread in 3 weeks.

I would still figure BU to be a Thursday night team, though I think they'll be wearing the home whites on Thursday!
I agree that a fast start is a little deceptive. Had SIU won over BU the other night, there would be talk about which team is worse.
Braves fans, if you haven't noticed, are for the most part cautiously optimistic. We realize we haven't played very good teams yet, but will in this 3 game stretch.

The 2 wins to start conference play tell us that we are capable of beating the probable Thursday night teams.
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bradley_brave1989 » January 4th, 2013, 4:39 pm

MoBraves wrote:The 2 wins to start conference play tell us that we are capable of beating the probable Thursday night teams.

Thats why i say the braves get that six slot. They beat a thursday night teams on the road, and it alot easier fashion than UE did.
GENO!
bradley_brave1989
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby unifan » January 7th, 2013, 4:56 pm

Is it possible to put Illinois State in this discussion? 0-3 isn't impossible to overcome, but with some of the previous cellar dwellars playing better this season it definitely would be possible for ISU to stay at the bottom. Besides the top 3 right now it seems hard to say that any of the other schools are safe from Thursday night.
unifan
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Khan4Cats » January 7th, 2013, 5:42 pm

unifan wrote:Is it possible to put Illinois State in this discussion? 0-3 isn't impossible to overcome, but with some of the previous cellar dwellars playing better this season it definitely would be possible for ISU to stay at the bottom. Besides the top 3 right now it seems hard to say that any of the other schools are safe from Thursday night.

They have also played some pretty good teams to start off conference, just like UNI. Assuming Bryant Allen comes back quickly, they will still be a team to reckoned with. I just think the bottom of the conference may be bad enough, it will separate as well.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » January 7th, 2013, 6:08 pm

The Bears are still a likely Drake night team but less likely than before!
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby pafan » January 8th, 2013, 9:21 pm

After taking into account tonight's games, my projected Thursday teams and their records

7. Illinois State: 8-10
8. Southern Illinois: 5-13
9. Missouri State: 5-13
10. Drake: 4-14
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 8th, 2013, 9:28 pm

Watch us win 4 in a row in March.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unifan » January 9th, 2013, 11:13 pm

7. Northern Iowa
8. Illinois State
9. Southern Illinois
10. Drake

Definitely hope this is not the case for UNI and ISU, but it's certainly not looking good so far. Hopefully some of the teams will come back down to life, and teams like UNI and ISU will start to actually show some life.
unifan
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball