Indiana State @ Creighton: Mid-Major Game of the Week

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Indiana State @ Creighton: Mid-Major Game of the Week

Postby LJay » January 5th, 2013, 9:24 pm

Am I the only one who observed that CU made their run to pull away from the Trees when McD went to the bench with his third foul? Or that InSU has apparently no post presence?

No, I noticed that the one man team made the run without the man.

Although ISUb didn't have an answer for GE, they are a big team across the lineup that will be tough for these four guard lineups I keep witnessing in Valley play.

PS - DMac still has the flu and Chatman was so sick he sat on the bench with the team doc while CU warmed up for the second half. This freaking flu is kicking everyone's ass including people at my office.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 5th, 2013, 9:39 pm

INS is a very scrappy team. I've always been an Odum fan and still believe he is the best PG in the conference (although Chatman is starting to close the gap). Arop certainly doesn't strike one as a typical Sycamore player and Gant is significantly improved over last year.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PowderBlue » January 5th, 2013, 10:31 pm

Am I the only one who observed that CU made their run to pull away from the Trees when McD went to the bench with his third foul? Or that InSU has apparently no post presence?

I'm gonna go ahead and pat myself on the back...this is from after the UNI game:
Some negatives...I still don't feel like we have a true backup PG. I don't feel like our bigs can play inside with true interior post players...Kitchell has made big strides defensively, but all three/four of our "post" players are more of post-perimeter guys. Samuels is really the only horse on the roster (JUCO) and he's out with a busted foot. At this point, you have to consider the medical redshirt for him to preserve his two years of eligibility...but that true inside post presence would be nice to have defensively.

Either way...to play "well" vs. a really strong CU team for 30 minutes on the road in front of one of the largest crowds in the history of that stadium is not really consolation when all that matters in March is wins and losses. I'm looking forward to the rematch in TH and possibly a Saturday or Sunday meeting in StL.
PowderBlue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball