Screw Job of the Year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Screw Job of the Year

Postby Heinro » January 4th, 2013, 1:53 pm

shoxrox wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:No screw job at all. The team on defense should have either scored another basket earlier or denied the team from getting the three off.

The losing team had 40 minutes to win the game.

A team does not lose or win a game on one possession.

That was the most illogical thing I've ever read. Colorado got the ball off in the 40 minutes allotted in a game and won it by 3. They were robbed. Plain and simple.

You should probably take a look at the replay before spouting off your nonsensical jargon about the "meaning of life" and there are no real "winners and losers in basketball".

The fact that the referees got a video replay of the shot and STILL muffed it up makes it all the more worse, not counting the fact that the ORIGINAL shot was called GOOD.

:+1:
Thoughts and prayers to WSU finding a new conference.
Heinro
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jays26 » January 4th, 2013, 1:58 pm

Heinro wrote:
Jays26 wrote:
Heinro wrote:Colorado clearly makes a 3 with .1 second left in Arizona and has the shot called no good. If this happens to my Shocks in Omaha this year, I'll be leading the riot.

Don't worry.....it won't be that close. :bounce: :P

You also expect it to turn out just like last year? Yeah, I wonder if CU fans this year will hang around past the 12:00 of the 2nd half.

Typical WCC fan....living in the past.....Ok..I can do that also....how did it go for ya in St. Lou? (stupid question we all know how it always goes) How about in the NCAA's???? (should have gone good with that sweet seed you had)

:Cheers:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Heinro » January 4th, 2013, 2:00 pm

Lets live in the past. How many Sweet 16's has CU sniffed? Wow, incredible considering you have had so many more chances then my Shocks. I can't imagine the disappointment of all those chances and not making it past the first weekend.
Thoughts and prayers to WSU finding a new conference.
Heinro
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 4th, 2013, 2:16 pm

Heinro wrote:I can't imagine the disappointment of all those chances and not making it past the first weekend.

Sure you can. You experience a version of it yearly in STL.

I think its funny when Shocker fans talk about beating Creighton in Omaha last year, but routinely forget about getting beat in Wichita on New Year's Eve. In other words, the teams were 1-1 against each other last year. WSU screwed up the rematch by shatting the bed in St Louis. Again.

Death. Taxes. Getting upset in St Louis. The certainties in every Shocker fan's life. :Yea!:
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » January 4th, 2013, 2:21 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
Heinro wrote:I can't imagine the disappointment of all those chances and not making it past the first weekend.

Sure you can. You experience a version of it yearly in STL.

I think its funny when Shocker fans talk about beating Creighton in Omaha last year, but routinely forget about getting beat in Wichita on New Year's Eve. In other words, the teams were 1-1 against each other last year. WSU screwed up the rematch by shatting the bed in St Louis. Again.

Death. Taxes. Getting upset in St Louis. The certainties in every Shocker fan's life. :Yea!:

I think it has to due with the blowout in Omaha more than anything. 21 point beatdown on National TV in front of over 18,000 people or a 7 point loss in which WSU was leading at half. I understand why people bring up St. Louis, but we could go back and forth with the failures of each program. I think it is dumb and the other 8 teams would love to have both Creighton's and WSU's "lack" of recent success.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » January 4th, 2013, 2:41 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:Sure you can. You experience a version of it yearly in STL.

1-1 sounds like something AceDad would say. As shocktheheart mentioned, a 7 point win vs. a 21 point blowout against a ranked team on national tv. One looked worse than the other.

St. Louis is a great barometer if you need it to get into the NCAA's, like about 2/3 of the conferences around the country do. It's not surprising that Creighton fans use that in their arsenal against the Shox, just like WSU fans can say Creighton has never got through a weekend in the NCAA's in their existence. Pick your poison. I prefer sacrificing St. Louis for the NCAA's myself.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 4th, 2013, 2:49 pm

shoxrox wrote:As shocktheheart mentioned, a 7 point win vs. a 21 point blowout against a ranked team on national tv. One looked worse than the other.

And yet, they count the exact same.

shoxrox wrote:I prefer sacrificing St. Louis for the NCAA's myself.

Good point. That strategy worked very well for WSU last year. At the same time, winning in St Louis, again, really hurt Creighton in its first round NCAA tournament game.

I gotta give it to Marshall though - he sure has figured out how to get Wichita fans to love him. Split a series with Creighton and get yourself a big fat raise. Nobody will even care if you win in StL or the NCAA tournament. Just beat Creighton at least once a year.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » January 4th, 2013, 2:54 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
shoxrox wrote:As shocktheheart mentioned, a 7 point win vs. a 21 point blowout against a ranked team on national tv. One looked worse than the other.

And yet, they count the exact same.

shoxrox wrote:I prefer sacrificing St. Louis for the NCAA's myself.

Good point. That strategy worked very well for WSU last year. At the same time, winning in St Louis, again, really hurt Creighton in its first round NCAA tournament game.

I gotta give it to Marshall though - he sure has figured out how to get Wichita fans to love him. Split a series with Creighton and get yourself a big fat raise. Nobody will even care if you win in StL or the NCAA tournament. Just beat Creighton at least once a year.

Do you really think that is why he got a raise? Or is the fact that he has improved the regular season win total every year he has been here? Or that he went 16-2 in the Valley last year and a 5 seed in the NCAA tourney? DoubleJay you usually make some good points, but I don't think you even believe in this one.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » January 4th, 2013, 2:58 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:And yet, they count the exact same.

Thanks Ace Dad, lol.

DoubleJayAlum wrote:Good point. That strategy worked very well for WSU last year. At the same time, winning in St Louis, again, really hurt Creighton in its first round NCAA tournament game.

Have you taken your meds today? You're on quite an arrogant little roll.

You're cherry picking left and right. I made a valid point. Creighton fans make fun of WSU for their weekend performances in St. Louis. WSU fans make of Creighton for their weekend performances in the NCAA's. I don't think there's a discrepancy there, is there? Given your knee-jerk, continued off-topic response, I guess it hit you a little more harder than you thought.
Last edited by shoxrox on January 4th, 2013, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shoxrox » January 4th, 2013, 2:59 pm

shocktheheart wrote:Do you really think that is why he got a raise? Or is the fact that he has improved the regular season win total every year he has been here? Or that he went 16-2 in the Valley last year and a 5 seed in the NCAA tourney? DoubleJay you usually make some good points, but I don't think you even believe in this one.

This is what happens when he gets into of his "It's all about Creighton for everything" moods.

shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball