Screw Job of the Year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Screw Job of the Year

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm

shoxrox wrote:I made a valid point. Creighton fans make fun of WSU for their weekend performances in St. Louis. WSU fans make of Creighton for their weekend performances in the NCAA's.

No, what you said was that WSU sacrifices St Louis in order to get better results in the NCAA tournament.

Here's your quote:
shoxrox wrote:I prefer sacrificing St. Louis for the NCAA's myself.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shocktheheart » January 4th, 2013, 3:06 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
shoxrox wrote:I made a valid point. Creighton fans make fun of WSU for their weekend performances in St. Louis. WSU fans make of Creighton for their weekend performances in the NCAA's.

No, what you said was that WSU sacrifices St Louis in order to get better results in the NCAA tournament.

Here's your quote:

Well then, who has more success in the NCAA tourney then?
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » January 4th, 2013, 3:14 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:

Here's your quote:

If you're good enough during the regular season and getting at-large bids, St. Louis is pretty meaningless. Losing in it didn't end our Sweet 16 trip in 2006 or our 5 seed in the NCAA's last year. So yes, I'd sacrifice St. Louis for the NCAA's.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 3ontheway » January 4th, 2013, 3:54 pm

the biggest screw job now is the hijacking of this thread.
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby cpacmel » January 4th, 2013, 5:09 pm

shoxrox wrote:Have you taken your meds today? You're on quite an arrogant little roll.

Same old wsuballer..... Can't make his points without making things personal or with insults.

Different screen name....same guy. :huh:

Just when you think a message board turns a corner.....people turn it back to valleytalk. :Bam:
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ace Dad » January 4th, 2013, 7:16 pm

shoxrox wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:No screw job at all. The team on defense should have either scored another basket earlier or denied the team from getting the three off.

The losing team had 40 minutes to win the game.

A team does not lose or win a game on one possession.

That was the most illogical thing I've ever read. Colorado got the ball off in the 40 minutes allotted in a game and won it by 3. They were robbed. Plain and simple.

You should probably take a look at the replay before spouting off your nonsensical jargon about the "meaning of life" and there are no real "winners and losers in basketball".

The fact that the referees got a video replay of the shot and STILL muffed it up makes it all the more worse, not counting the fact that the ORIGINAL shot was called GOOD.

I saw the play. Again, basketball is a 40 minutes game. Stop the whining if one play does not goe your way. What about the previous 89 plays?

Now, go study because I know you have a test next week.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » January 4th, 2013, 7:19 pm

shoxrox wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:And yet, they count the exact same.

Thanks Ace Dad, lol.

DoubleJayAlum wrote:Good point. That strategy worked very well for WSU last year. At the same time, winning in St Louis, again, really hurt Creighton in its first round NCAA tournament game.

I gotta give it to Marshall though - he sure has figured out how to get Wichita fans to love him. Split a series with Creighton and get yourself a big fat raise. Nobody will even care if you win in StL or the NCAA tournament. Just beat Creighton at least once a year.

Have you taken your meds today? You're on quite an arrogant little roll.

You're cherry picking left and right. I made a valid point. Creighton fans make fun of WSU for their weekend performances in St. Louis. WSU fans make of Creighton for their weekend performances in the NCAA's. I don't think there's a discrepancy there, is there? Given your knee-jerk, continued off-topic response, I guess it hit you a little more harder than you thought.

Hey Shoxrox, do you have a man crush on me?
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » January 4th, 2013, 7:45 pm

MoValley John wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:No screw job at all. The team on defense should have either scored another basket earlier or denied the team from getting the three off.

Wrong. The losing team had 45 minutes to win the game. Colorado blew it in OT. Secondly, the basket was ruled good on the floor. There was nothing in the videos that justified he call being overturned. By rule, the original call should have stood. Had the referees followed the rulebook on replays, Colorado wins. Instead, they chose to ignore the rules. It had the makings of a Buffalo Wild Wings commercial.

John, did you review the other 44 minutes of the game to see if you agreed with the referees? Stop the whining. Beat the team on the floor and do not let it get to be a one possession game.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces0976 » January 4th, 2013, 8:34 pm

Ace Dad wrote:
MoValley John wrote:

Wrong. The losing team had 45 minutes to win the game. Colorado blew it in OT. Secondly, the basket was ruled good on the floor. There was nothing in the videos that justified he call being overturned. By rule, the original call should have stood. Had the referees followed the rulebook on replays, Colorado wins. Instead, they chose to ignore the rules. It had the makings of a Buffalo Wild Wings commercial.

John, did you review the other 44 minutes of the game to see if you agreed with the referees? Stop the whining. Beat the team on the floor and do not let it get to be a one possession game.
I did watch the game and at no other point in the game did the refs make the correct call and subsequently go to the scorers table, watch the replay and then reverse course and say screw it, maybe we'll get overtime pay. Hell I've even heard talk of blaming their equipment, I think what it boils down is plain and simple ineptitude. I would never imagine a government employee defend ineptitude on the job, shocking!!!
Aces0976
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby acesrmyteam » January 4th, 2013, 8:54 pm

long time reader of this website, first post

joined just so i could chime in on the original reason for this thread, not the bs that has followed

i watched the end of the game, colorado got snubbed.

first of all, like some have said, it was called good on the floor.

second of all, the side view slowed down, clearly shows the ball out of his hand while there was still 0.1 seconds on the clock.

i don't know how this call was reversed, but believe it warrants being questioned, if not investigated. Refs aren't perfect, most make a mistake every once in a while, but this, this was different. I haven't seen mention of any fall out from this, anyone else hear of an official investigation?
acesrmyteam
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball