ISU Struggles

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

ISU Struggles

Postby Redbird23 » January 5th, 2013, 9:10 pm

I know its early but we couldn't even beat a seventh grade team right now, Muller needs to call Stallings at Vandy get advice i dont know but, this has to end its ridiculous
:Bam: :cry: :x
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

ISU Struggles

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: ISU Struggles

Postby Kyle » January 5th, 2013, 9:35 pm

Having a new coach in a league like the MVC cannot be overlooked. This league has so much parody due to the familiarity of each team. Being lead by a coach without this advantage leads to unexpexted loses.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 6th, 2013, 1:49 pm

Kyle wrote:Having a new coach in a league like the MVC cannot be overlooked. This league has so much parody due to the familiarity of each team. Being lead by a coach without this advantage leads to unexpexted loses.

Parody =/= parity.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » January 6th, 2013, 2:10 pm

Kyle wrote:Being lead by a coach without this advantage leads to unexpexted loses.

The opposite should also be true - Jake has played one game against Mueller and a dozen against Simmons, for example.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby Kyle » January 6th, 2013, 2:52 pm

pafan wrote:
Kyle wrote:Being lead by a coach without this advantage leads to unexpexted loses.

The opposite should also be true - Jake has played one game against Mueller and a dozen against Simmons, for example.

Schemes might be different, but the players the their tendencies are the same. Mueller hasn't watched Jake Koch and Anthony James play the last four years. Jake knows all about Jackie Carmichael and John Ekey. He's coached against them 7 times and probably watched dozens of hours of film on them.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird23 » January 6th, 2013, 3:43 pm

I went to the Creighton game and until the final 30 seconds I and the rest of the fans thought we could pull the upset...but ISUs problem is the team says we think we can beat them instead of we are going to beat them...and the past 2 games beside Jays game, the 3ball isnt falling and we cant hold onto the ball :Bam:
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby PorkTornado » January 7th, 2013, 10:25 am

If ISU didn't beat WSU in the tourney last year does anyone think these expectations would have been placed on them? They were 9-9 last year and while they returned a bunch, they lost a coach and their starting point guard. This is an example of unfair expectations.
PorkTornado
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 7th, 2013, 10:30 am

PorkTornado wrote:If ISU didn't beat WSU in the tourney last year does anyone think these expectations would have been placed on them? They were 9-9 last year and while they returned a bunch, they lost a coach and their starting point guard. This is an example of unfair expectations.

Your point is a good one.

I had the same thought, but I was afraid to post it. I was afraid that I would have been beaten around my head and shoulders, Iraqi style.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaliRdBrd » January 7th, 2013, 11:13 am

Personally, without getting to see enough games to dissect his ability, I love the Muller hire. I like his intelligence, his pedigree, his defensive mindset and the fact that he's an alum. I'm also a HUGE fan of our much-improved OOC scheduling.
However, I am disappointed that we are not winning more games.
CaliRdBrd
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » January 7th, 2013, 12:36 pm

PorkTornado wrote:If ISU didn't beat WSU in the tourney last year does anyone think these expectations would have been placed on them? They were 9-9 last year and while they returned a bunch, they lost a coach and their starting point guard. This is an example of unfair expectations.

I actually made this point in the pre-season regarding UNI and Ill. St. HUGE expectations placed on two teams that didn't win half of their conference games. WSU and CU were way ahead of the field last season (WSU at 16-2 and CU at 14-4).
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball