Notable Notes

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Notable Notes

Postby LanceShock » January 9th, 2013, 10:51 am

3ontheway wrote:Thanks for your forthrightness. I did not find anything notable or interesting with your "notable notes". I can say
with some degree of confidence that hardly anyone else did either.

Perhaps a WSU board would be a more appropriate place to initiate such a thread? More of the readers there may find said factoids "notable". What do you think? Do you think that request is reasonable going forward so as not to set off the "unintended" consequence of thread hijacking?

Whaddya say buddy, can we all get your pledge from now on in the interest of civil board discourse?

If you don't think it is notable, just ignore the post and it will get buried. This thread is a good example of why WSU fans are leery of this board.

I'll agree it would be better on Shockernet, but that doesn't justify what has happened in this thread.

Read more. Post less.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby PorkTornado » January 9th, 2013, 10:52 am

rjl wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:Do you keep track of anniversaries of NCAA violations too?

Sorry. Kevin Ross was in charge of recording those statistics. As such, all we have are some crayon drawings and a potato.

Amazing.
PorkTornado
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 9th, 2013, 10:59 am

3ontheway wrote:Thanks for your forthrightness. I did not find anything notable or interesting with your "notable notes". I can say

Perhaps a WSU board would be a more appropriate place to initiate such a thread? More of the readers there may find said factoids "notable". What do you think? Do you think that request is reasonable going forward so as not to set off the "unintended" consequence of thread hijacking?

Whaddya say buddy, can we all get your pledge from now on in the interest of civil board discourse?

Hardly a clever response.

Hardly serves a useful purpose other than to bash.

Civility, Blue Bird style.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » January 9th, 2013, 12:55 pm

PorkTornado wrote:
rjl wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:Do you keep track of anniversaries of NCAA violations too?

Sorry. Kevin Ross was in charge of recording those statistics. As such, all we have are some crayon drawings and a potato.

Amazing.

Your handle is PorkTornado and you think that is amazing? :D
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby iSASO » January 9th, 2013, 3:02 pm

I think the only thing that would satisfy many here is that only negative things about WSU ever see the light of day. I'm trying to balance out the negativity, sorry if good and uplifting things offend you. I want visitors to this board to see something positive about the Valley and the national accolades it has garnered in the past and today. It's a shame when people only post in an effort to tear down what should be a positive bit of PR for the league and its members.

So no, I won't stop posting that a nationally-ranked team from the Valley was a two-time defending national champion and the team that ended their 37-game winning streak was from the Valley, was also ranked, had a 1st Team All-American and went to the Final Four. And when the 50th anniversary of a nationally-ranked Valley team beating #2 Ohio State rolls around, I won't stop posting that.

If you're only interested in dirty laundry, I can't help you right now, but I will work on it.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 3ontheway » January 9th, 2013, 3:41 pm

thats all fine and good usaso, many visitors to this site are not aware of your petulant and extremely immature "musings" and attempts to engage people in the greatness and history of WSU athletics on a Valley neutral message board, or the fact that you have been doing it for probably close to 2 decades, but I, and many others I'm guessing are, and are tired of it. Hoping that it being a New Year and all that you may turn over a new leaf, but I guess not.

Again, these facts and notes, don't bother me because they are positive or "uplifting", or even about WSU for the most part, but that they are more suitable for a WSU board. If some INDY ST. or ILL ST. or SIU fan, or CU fan started a thread that insinuated the greatness of their respective school's historical importance and entered it into the context of the MVC, it would get hijacked and denigrate into something other than civil discourse, which we are all trying to achieve.

Please reconsider.
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WhiskeySierraUniform » January 9th, 2013, 3:50 pm

3ontheway wrote:thats all fine and good usaso, many visitors to this site are not aware of your petulant and extremely immature "musings" and attempts to engage people in the greatness and history of WSU athletics on a Valley neutral message board, or the fact that you have been doing it for probably close to 2 decades, but I, and many others I'm guessing are, and are tired of it. Hoping that it being a New Year and all that you may turn over a new leaf, but I guess not.

Again, these facts and notes, don't bother me because they are positive or "uplifting", or even about WSU for the most part, but that they are more suitable for a WSU board. If some INDY ST. or ILL ST. or SIU fan, or CU fan started a thread that insinuated the greatness of their respective school's historical importance and entered it into the context of the MVC, it would get hijacked and denigrate into something other than civil discourse, which we are all trying to achieve.

Please reconsider.

So, should the discussion about Josh Jones career ending injury be only discussed on the BJ message board? How about the threads about whether McD could win the Naismith award, Illinois St. struggles, Will Egolf, etc...?
"I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." Anthony Kiedis
WhiskeySierraUniform
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 9th, 2013, 4:00 pm

3ontheway wrote:thats all fine and good usaso, many visitors to this site are not aware of your petulant and extremely immature "musings" and attempts to engage people in the greatness and history of WSU athletics on a Valley neutral message board, or the fact that you have been doing it for probably close to 2 decades, but I, and many others I'm guessing are, and are tired of it. Hoping that it being a New Year and all that you may turn over a new leaf, but I guess not.

Please reconsider.

You do have options as follows:
1. Place those, who offend you, on the ignore list.
2. Do not read posts by those, who have offended you in the past.
3. Do not read any posts about Wichita State University.

If you choose one or more of these options, then surely your pain and suffering will be reduced along with your need to complain and criticize about Shocker posts.

So please consider the options.

Of course, if a food fight is your preference, then carry on.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 3ontheway » January 9th, 2013, 4:01 pm

Can you honestly not figure out on your own that those topics you mentioned are A LOT more relevant to what is going on in MVC hoops right now than some random facts from 50 years ago?

Also, you probably are not aware that usaso has been doing this for many, many years in the hopes of stirring the pot. It is old and tired.

Do you honestly think these threads are started so that fans of other schools just reply with "wow, I remember that, time goes fast!" or "geez, that is really awesome for the Valley, I'm so proud to be a fan of a school for a conference with such rich tradition". I assure you they are not.
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WhiskeySierraUniform » January 9th, 2013, 4:20 pm

3ontheway wrote:Can you honestly not figure out on your own that those topics you mentioned are A LOT more relevant to what is going on in MVC hoops right now than some random facts from 50 years ago?

Also, you probably are not aware that usaso has been doing this for many, many years in the hopes of stirring the pot. It is old and tired.

Do you honestly think these threads are started so that fans of other schools just reply with "wow, I remember that, time goes fast!" or "geez, that is really awesome for the Valley, I'm so proud to be a fan of a school for a conference with such rich tradition". I assure you they are not.

If this bothers you that much, I think you might consider getting out more.
"I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." Anthony Kiedis
WhiskeySierraUniform
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball