Notable Notes

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Notable Notes

Postby 3ontheway » January 9th, 2013, 4:24 pm

wow, good one.

can you not tell the difference in relevancy to what is going on this year in MVC hoops? :huh: :Cheers:
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby rjl » January 9th, 2013, 4:54 pm

3ontheway wrote:thats all fine and good usaso, many visitors to this site are not aware of your petulant and extremely immature "musings" and attempts to engage people in the greatness and history of WSU athletics on a Valley neutral message board, or the fact that you have been doing it for probably close to 2 decades, but I, and many others I'm guessing are, and are tired of it. Hoping that it being a New Year and all that you may turn over a new leaf, but I guess not.

Again, these facts and notes, don't bother me because they are positive or "uplifting", or even about WSU for the most part, but that they are more suitable for a WSU board. If some INDY ST. or ILL ST. or SIU fan, or CU fan started a thread that insinuated the greatness of their respective school's historical importance and entered it into the context of the MVC, it would get hijacked and denigrate into something other than civil discourse, which we are all trying to achieve.

Please reconsider.

What a bullshit highroad post.

Let me get this straight. Because posts where fans "insinuate the greatness of their respective school's historical importance" inevitably get "hijacked and denigrate into something other than civil disclosure," they should be limited to the confines of the respective teams' message boards? And this is because "we are all trying to achieve" such civil disclosure?

How special.

First of all, let's go ahead and get this out of the way: vocabulary. I don't think the words "insinuate" or "denigrate" work the way you think they work. But throwing a bunch of intellectually-toned words in a bullshit highroad post is sort of par for the course of the bullshit highroader, so it comes as no surprise.

Second of all, your whole kumbaya, "we are all trying to achieve . . . civil disclosure" zen play would have been a lot more effective had you not been one of those who hijacked the thread and turned it into something other than civil disclosure. That's like warning the neighbors to lock their cars at night while you're popping their doorlocks and stealing their Lionel Richie tapes.

Third, and lastly, I call into question the motivation behind your post. Aside from it being standard bullshit highroad boilerplate, if your words were taken at face value and you, you sneaky guy you, caught iSASO trolling folks here, why so willingly get all puffy and take the troll bait? In the alternative, and I would proffer the more likely explanation, your bullshit highroad post and shaky vocabulary belie your true intention: you're trying to out bullshit a bullshitter.
rjl
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 9th, 2013, 5:06 pm

Speaking of bullshit---

This whole thread was started solely to troll. One shouldn't be shocked when it results in what this thread has become.

The "notables" were not actually notable in the first place. It isn't like INS fans commemorating playing in the 1979 nat'l championship, for example. Instead they are just random wins over ranked teams. Every single team in this conference could start a similar thread, but only one poster, who's past history as a troller is well established, thought it was a good idea.

Garbage in = garbage out.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 3ontheway » January 9th, 2013, 7:03 pm

rjl wrote:
3ontheway wrote:thats all fine and good usaso, many visitors to this site are not aware of your petulant and extremely immature "musings" and attempts to engage people in the greatness and history of WSU athletics on a Valley neutral message board, or the fact that you have been doing it for probably close to 2 decades, but I, and many others I'm guessing are, and are tired of it. Hoping that it being a New Year and all that you may turn over a new leaf, but I guess not.

Again, these facts and notes, don't bother me because they are positive or "uplifting", or even about WSU for the most part, but that they are more suitable for a WSU board. If some INDY ST. or ILL ST. or SIU fan, or CU fan started a thread that insinuated the greatness of their respective school's historical importance and entered it into the context of the MVC, it would get hijacked and denigrate into something other than civil discourse, which we are all trying to achieve.

Please reconsider.

What a bullshit highroad post.

Let me get this straight. Because posts where fans "insinuate the greatness of their respective school's historical importance" inevitably get "hijacked and denigrate into something other than civil disclosure," they should be limited to the confines of the respective teams' message boards? And this is because "we are all trying to achieve" such civil disclosure?

How special.

First of all, let's go ahead and get this out of the way: vocabulary. I don't think the words "insinuate" or "denigrate" work the way you think they work. But throwing a bunch of intellectually-toned words in a bullshit highroad post is sort of par for the course of the bullshit highroader, so it comes as no surprise.

Second of all, your whole kumbaya, "we are all trying to achieve . . . civil disclosure" zen play would have been a lot more effective had you not been one of those who hijacked the thread and turned it into something other than civil disclosure. That's like warning the neighbors to lock their cars at night while you're popping their doorlocks and stealing their Lionel Richie tapes.

Third, and lastly, I call into question the motivation behind your post. Aside from it being standard bullshit highroad boilerplate, if your words were taken at face value and you, you sneaky guy you, caught iSASO trolling folks here, why so willingly get all puffy and take the troll bait? In the alternative, and I would proffer the more likely explanation, your bullshit highroad post and shaky vocabulary belie your true intention: you're trying to out bullshit a bullshitter.

Insinuate means to hint slyly. Denigrate I misused, meant disintegrate, my bad. Your verbose, blathering response doesn't change the fact that the thread was started with bullshit intentions and posting it here instead of the w s u board is bullshit. The motivation behind my post is to put an end to years and years of this bullshit from usaso.
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby rjl » January 10th, 2013, 1:45 pm

3ontheway wrote:Insinuate means to hint slyly. Denigrate I misused, meant disintegrate, my bad. Your verbose, blathering response doesn't change the fact that the thread was started with bullshit intentions and posting it here instead of the w s u board is bullshit. The motivation behind my post is to put an end to years and years of this bullshit from usaso.

Here's the first thing I got wrong here: my money was on you using the term "drivel"; I had "blathering" as a distant third. At second was you using the nonterm "dribble" thinking it meant "drivel."

Time to retune the odds machine.
rjl
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Veritas » January 10th, 2013, 3:43 pm

Speaking of Notable Notes. It's interesting to see how effortlessly Cleanthony early scored.
This clip shows how Larry Bird lit it up against the Shox. Always in the right place at the right time.
I'm excited to see the Creighton fellow in person and compare/contrast his skills to some of the Valley greats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8FZ8fb3s7s

These other clips...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5n3ph7FNmw
X-Man and Cleanthony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6sLMupoQLQ
Larry Bird explains to X exactly how he's going to make the shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSJcbdCiB74
Good old fashioned MoVal rivalry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9BKx2HN8Ms
Intensity between X and MJ

There is a lot of great history in the MoVal. Tulsa, Bird, Big O, WSU, Cincinnati, Louisville, Memphis.
Hopefully, the future years will become as memorable.
Veritas
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby LJay » January 10th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:

Please reconsider.

You do have options as follows:
1. Place those, who offend you, on the ignore list.
2. Do not read posts by those, who have offended you in the past.
3. Do not read any posts about Wichita State University.

If you choose one or more of these options, then surely your pain and suffering will be reduced along with your need to complain and criticize about Shocker posts.

So please consider the options.

Of course, if a food fight is your preference, then carry on.

Thanks for the ignore reminder...I had forgotten about that. The only negative issue is an ignored person's stuff can show up as a quote in another post.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 10th, 2013, 6:39 pm

Jordan, so good. So great.

(I apologize because this post has nothing to do with the Valley.)
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 3ontheway » January 10th, 2013, 8:34 pm

rjl wrote:
3ontheway wrote:Insinuate means to hint slyly. Denigrate I misused, meant disintegrate, my bad. Your verbose, blathering response doesn't change the fact that the thread was started with bullshit intentions and posting it here instead of the w s u board is bullshit. The motivation behind my post is to put an end to years and years of this bullshit from usaso.

Here's the first thing I got wrong here: my money was on you using the term "drivel"; I had "blathering" as a distant third. At second was you using the nonterm "dribble" thinking it meant "drivel."

Time to retune the odds machine.

My odds machine had even odds on the average wsu fan being able to know that discourse and disclosure are not the same thing at all.

I'll get my odds machine worked on as well.
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby iSASO » January 10th, 2013, 11:03 pm

3ontheway, if you don't like the topic, step off and stay off. My post was highly relevant to this season, this year, this week. Put your pre-disposed hate aside and read my post again. I mentioned all three schools in the state being ranked THIS WEEK. I mentioned a game that took place 50 years ago Dec. 29, which was less than two weeks ago and I mentioned a game that will commemorate the same 50-year mark in about a month. I seriously considered holding the last one until that day rolled around, but I figured I should include it now in order to avoid pissing off overly-sensitive, ego-centric Creighton fans. I am guilty of over-thinking that. I should have known that something positive would offend you. Bugger off if you don't intend to contribute something useful or informative.

rjl, keep it coming with the youtube videos. It's cool to have some comparison of the greats today versus those of the past.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball