Accept or Reject?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Accept or Reject?

Postby matter_of_fact » January 9th, 2013, 10:09 am

This board and others have been filled with speculation as to whether Creighton will or won't be invited to join the new C7 and, if invited, whether it will or won't accept. My guess is that most, if not all, MVC teams would jump at a chance to join DePaul, Georgetown, Marquette, Villanova, and, perhaps, Xavier and Butler, et al. in the new conference even though some of those schools are out of the geographic footprint of the MVC, may play in rented arenas with small capacities, are private schools, etc. If your school was invited to join the new league that is being discussed, would you vote to accept or reject the invitation and why?
matter_of_fact
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Accept or Reject?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Accept or Reject?

Postby ShockValue » January 9th, 2013, 10:22 am

Accept. More exposure, more money, no longer a mid major scarlet letter that we have to wear forever,
ShockValue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 9th, 2013, 11:06 am

Anybody that votes 'reject" either isn't being honest or doesn't aspire to compete at higher levels.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » January 9th, 2013, 11:09 am

Its a no-brainer. You go. Period.

I absolutely hate Creighton, but can't blame them at all for jumping at the chance. This has a chance to really raise their national profile which benefits every aspect of the University. I think they will also be competitive in about every sport in the new league as well. I think it will have to come with a different basketball coach, but the money rolling in will allow them to upgrade there.

Your soccer program has improved greatly and this will offer them a chance to play against better teams. Your volleyball program should be dominant in the new league which is far less competitive than the Valley with UNI, WSU, IlSt, and MSU all being very good programs.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FearDaTrees » January 9th, 2013, 11:28 am

GO. GET OUT...WE DON'T WANT YOU ANYWAYS
FearDaTrees
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WhiskeySierraUniform » January 9th, 2013, 11:34 am

I would hope the Shox would jump at the chance. Any chance to improve exposure and $ is a no brainer. Besides that, it would be a chance to leave this god forsaken MVC conference in the dust.
"I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." Anthony Kiedis
WhiskeySierraUniform
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 9th, 2013, 12:02 pm

I think they would accept if the money was really good. My fear would be if a couple the top teams in the new confrence will really stay once oraganized and implemented. Will there always be greener pastures, more often?
The other fear I would have, will the fan base accept change? May be easier said than done.
This is just my opinion..but if a school starts changing conferences...why not do it again..and again.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 9th, 2013, 12:09 pm

Anyone that said they would stay is a big fat liar. Pants on fire, nose as long as a telephone wire.

Pinocchio type liar.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 9th, 2013, 12:11 pm

FearDaTrees wrote:GO. GET OUT...WE DON'T WANT YOU ANYWAYS

Jealous.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » January 9th, 2013, 12:11 pm

If offered, you gotta go.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball