WSU vs SIU, Jan 9th

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: WSU vs SIU, Jan 9th

Postby shoxrox » January 9th, 2013, 9:57 pm

Aces1982 wrote:Let me see if I can quote a Shocker fan that replied in the UE-MSU thread after UE had just beaten them.

Nice solid win over SIU tonight. Did they cover the spread?

A EU fan trolling. Classic.

Let me know Evansville's record, national ranking, record minus 3 starters, and program the last 3 years and then you can call the shots.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shoxrox » January 9th, 2013, 9:58 pm

jackwagon wrote:wow after watching this one ISUB>> WSU. SIU is terrible

Really?

I should have watched the INSU-Morehead State game and made a judgment on the Sycamores.

shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shoxrox » January 9th, 2013, 10:00 pm

Man, I didn't realize SIU could shoot like that, especially the 3-ball. Likewise, I think they shot about 95% from the line. WSU's defense wasn't stellar but SIU was hitting tough shots. It's amazing the difference a team plays even with the same personnel but with a different head coach. Bravo to Barry.

Another Shocker team would have just given up when their opponent was throwing everything in. Glad this team didn't. Gutsy win.

shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aces1982 » January 9th, 2013, 10:02 pm

shoxrox wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:Let me see if I can quote a Shocker fan that replied in the UE-MSU thread after UE had just beaten them.

Let me know Evansville's record, national ranking, record minus 3 starters, and program the last 3 years and then you can call the shots.

We are 10-6 and 3-1..no national ranking...no starters out....you can look up the record the last 3 years if you wish.

Not sure what the point of any of that is. Sorry you got your feelings hurt. You like to dish it out but hate getting it back.

See ya Sunday.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shoxrox » January 9th, 2013, 10:05 pm

Super Bowl* Sunday.

shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shocktheheart » January 9th, 2013, 10:09 pm

Aces1982 wrote:
shoxrox wrote:

We are 10-6 and 3-1..no national ranking...no starters out....you can look up the record the last 3 years if you wish.

Not sure what the point of any of that is. Sorry you got your feelings hurt. You like to dish it out but hate getting it back.

See ya Sunday.

dumb
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » January 9th, 2013, 10:12 pm

I went to see a massacre and a basketball game broke out.

Cle Early had 11 points in the first 4 minutes. At that pace, he would have scored 110 for the game. That's about when the Shox decided it was going to be easy and the Salukis decided it wasn't. The Shox switched to their ole defense, which they hadn't played so far this year.

Early's 39 is the most points for a Shocker in 28 years. The 11 blocks is a school record (???). I know one former Shocker player had a triple double of points, boards, and blocks, but that still leaves room for 11 to be a record. There are questions about a couple of blocks late in the game that weren't included in the "official" stats, so there may be 2 blocks added, which would give Orukpe 9, instead of the 7 he's officially got now.

At least the Shox being off their D and the Salukis playing a great game gave the crowd a reason to get into the game. It wasn't one of the really exciting crowds, but the crowd was - somewhat involved at a few critical moments.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 9th, 2013, 10:53 pm

I never thought I would live long enough to see that kind of offense out of an SIU team. It was refreshing and quite scary. Shocker fans would like to say it was our defense that allowed SIU's offensive output, but that would not be truthful. SIU was simply unconscious. We defended harder and harder and then finally just flattened a guy who was shooting a baseline jumper from about 15ft.. of course the ball went in and then he completed the And One. In times like these, a team of winners will maintain their composure until the luck wears off and then take control. That is exactly what the Shockers did.

Is the scraggly little guy from SIU that nearly put up 30 really that good? He couldn't miss tonight.

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » January 9th, 2013, 11:24 pm

HEY..AREN'T YOU COMIN TO EVANSVILLE?? SUNDAY....HEY CYA THERE
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » January 9th, 2013, 11:27 pm

C0|db|00ded wrote:I never thought I would live long enough to see that kind of offense out of an SIU team. It was refreshing and quite scary. Shocker fans would like to say it was our defense that allowed SIU's offensive output, but that would not be truthful. SIU was simply unconscious. We defended harder and harder and then finally just flattened a guy who was shooting a baseline jumper from about 15ft.. of course the ball went in and then he completed the And One. In times like these, a team of winners will maintain their composure until the luck wears off and then take control. That is exactly what the Shockers did.

Is the scraggly little guy from SIU that nearly put up 30 really that good? He couldn't miss tonight.

T

...:cool:

Desmond Jackson, I believe his name is, was really en fuego tonight. He nearly matched SoW's season high mark of 34 points. A very impressive performance indeed. He will probably finish 2nd in the POY voting.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball