Don't engrave Doug's name on the POY trophy just yet

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Don't engrave Doug's name on the POY trophy just yet

Postby 3ontheway » January 10th, 2013, 9:54 pm

wsushox1 wrote:God the Wichita State fanbase on here is annoying, thank goodness it's not as bad on shockernet.

I'm really sorry for the persistent trolling that seems to occur over here. We really do seem insecure always having to tell the forum how great we are.

strange isn't it?

no reason to have insecure posts and threads as if it comes from some Napoleon complex, when the program itself has done well enough on its own. to be fair it is only a select few and they know who they are. here's to a great college bball game on the 19th. :Cheers:
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby wsushox1 » January 10th, 2013, 10:12 pm

3ontheway wrote:
wsushox1 wrote:God the Wichita State fanbase on here is annoying, thank goodness it's not as bad on shockernet.

I'm really sorry for the persistent trolling that seems to occur over here. We really do seem insecure always having to tell the forum how great we are.

strange isn't it?

no reason to have insecure posts and threads as if it comes from some Napoleon complex, when the program itself has done well enough on its own. to be fair it is only a select few and they know who they are. here's to a great college bball game on the 19th. :Cheers:

Amen to that. I am much looking forward to it, I'll be there along with 10,505 of my closest friends.
wsushox1
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby shoxrox » January 11th, 2013, 12:26 am

LJay wrote:Old barns have that tendancy but they're still old, tired barns.

Old and tired? So the preferred college arena is supposed to be new, swanky, cosmopolitan, and quiet? I think the University of Kansas, Duke University, the University of Minnesota, and other schools with elite tradition and prowess would disagree with that smug-like reasoning.

And for the record, the Koch of 2013 is much different than the Koch of 1955 or 2001. Yes, same building, but not crumbling. Renovations tend to do that, while still keeping the tradition of the building and program. I realize that's not possible if you've never had your own facility.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shoxrox » January 11th, 2013, 12:31 am

This thread probably shouldn't have been created. It didn't say Early was the POY, but just to watch out. Now, there's no way Dougie McD is not going to win the award, so yes, it was a moot thread that was intended to stir a fanbase. No doubt.

But please let's not assume the Creighton fanbase are a league of angels either. They may not create threads but some of them continually stir the pot in their own cute, sneaky, and methodic ways.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WhiskeySierraUniform » January 11th, 2013, 9:27 am

This tool is obviously a bju fan in disguise. It's quite comical. Haa, get a life dude.
"I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." Anthony Kiedis
WhiskeySierraUniform
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 11th, 2013, 11:59 am

LJay wrote:
C0|db|00ded wrote:I would suggest any BJ'ites travelling with their team to Koch Arena to not forget their earplugs. The 120db barrier will be breached Jan 19th. There are only a couple places in the country that can claim that ability.. Koch Arena is one of them.

BJ's by 20!!!111

T

...:cool:

Old barns have that tendancy but they're still old, tired barns.

I find your statement confusing. Perhaps we can explore the issue through some simple association drills.

First, can you identify the similarities shared between the following three pictures?

Now here comes the hard part. Are you ready? Please identify the similarities between the following two pictures?

If you need some hints just ask! :Cheers:

T

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Nansalilwald » January 11th, 2013, 4:03 pm

Pissing match aside, I actually think this is an interesting discussion and would like to get back to the original POY discussion. Thought I would post a recent article about McDermott that I thought was interesting:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... r/1826937/

Sorry if this was already posted somewhere else....
Nansalilwald
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 11th, 2013, 4:10 pm

Nansalilwald wrote:Pissing match aside, I actually think this is an interesting discussion and would like to get back to the original POY discussion. Thought I would post a recent article about McDermott that I thought was interesting:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... r/1826937/

Sorry if this was already posted somewhere else....

As a father, he gushes with pride, recalling pick-up high school games when Doug wasn't picked by a team for 5-on-5 YMCA-style scrimmages.

A couple words come to mind when I read that...

Enigma, contradiction, puzzle, paradox...

Flash-in-the-pan?

T

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » January 11th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Good artical....thanks for posting.

"Hands down, I think he's the best player in the country," said Illinois State's Jackie Carmichael, who played with McDermott this summer at the LeBron James Skills Academy. "I definitely feel like he's a versatile player. He has the three-point shot and he's so good down low. He's not very strong, but he gets his positions and is very crafty. He's real smart and those are the hardest players to guard."
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 11th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Did somebody show Dougie this thread? LMAO!

Doug matches Early's 39, but also logs a double-double.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball