CREIGHTON VS MSU 7PM

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: CREIGHTON VS MSU 7PM

Postby Ace Dad » January 11th, 2013, 8:46 pm

shoxrox wrote:Reality setting in.

MSU's 3 wins in conference are against teams with a combined 0-12 record in Valley play. Just sayin.

So three wins in a conference that is ranked nationally 8-10 means nothing?
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shoxrox » January 11th, 2013, 8:49 pm

Ace Dad wrote:

MSU's 3 wins in conference are against teams with a combined 0-12 record in Valley play. Just sayin.

There are 3 teams that are carrying this conference to an 8-10 national ranking. That is all.

Ah, forget it. MSU is a Top 30 team.
Last edited by shoxrox on January 11th, 2013, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » January 11th, 2013, 8:49 pm

Fun, physical first half. Bears looked really good in the first half. They came out a bit flat in the second and McDermott imposed his will. Manigat owned Downing. Missouri State will win some games in the Valley. They look like a completely different team than a month ago.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » January 11th, 2013, 9:06 pm

shoxrox wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:

There are 3 teams that are carrying this conference to an 8-10 national ranking. That is all.

Ah, forget it. MSU is a Top 30 team.

Give up is right. Moral Victory Conference. I had hoped Missouri State lost all of their conference games, I've changed my tune. They have been on the bad side of this crap too many years. I hope MSU wins every game except for the Shockers, Trees and Jays. Don't screw those three but the hell with everyone else.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 11th, 2013, 9:09 pm

LMS wrote:Jays win 74-52. Doug with 39 points on 15-19 shooting.

Plus 10 rebounds.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoStBear93 » January 11th, 2013, 9:19 pm

Great performance by McD. The Bears did a nice job on the rest of the team defensively, but Dougie went off. We really needed Marcus Marshall tonight, but it would not have mattered. On to play the Trees...Go Bears!
I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany....
MoStBear93
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby glm38 » January 11th, 2013, 9:53 pm

Nice win CU. Proud of our boys in the 1st half. But the 2nd half McD torched us and we went ice cold. Have to think having Marcus would have made some difference in the point spread but not the outcome. Without Marcus - Downing is really under the gun as our only guy that get his own shot.

McD is a magician. His skill level on offense is off the charts. But I'm actually pretty shocked that CU didn't pound it in to Echenique? We don't have a real post player at all. Even though he didn't shoot that well Wragge has a beautiful jumper. Every time he shoots I expect it to go in.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jays26 » January 11th, 2013, 10:01 pm

shoxrox wrote:Interesting first half to say the least.

I expect Creighton to impose their well in the 2nd half though.

You....my sir...are very good!

:Cheers:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Deanthonybowdenfan » January 11th, 2013, 11:33 pm

I gotta give Missouri State some credit, if i was a fan of theirs id be proud. They played with more intensity than anyone weve played this year and after goin winless against D1 teams out of conference, they will finish with a .500 record in mvc play. They play great defense!
Im not sure why we didnt give it in to Greg more, i thought he would of been automatic against them.
Deanthonybowdenfan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TNMSUFAN » January 12th, 2013, 12:02 am

Deanthonybowden wrote:I gotta give Missouri State some credit, if i was a fan of theirs id be proud. They played with more intensity than anyone weve played this year and after goin winless against D1 teams out of conference, they will finish with a .500 record in mvc play. They play great defense!
Im not sure why we didnt give it in to Greg more, i thought he would of been automatic against them.

Creighton has such a nice team...one of the best I have seen in the MVC in a while. So many offensive weapons and size to go with it. We are limited right now but our guys really played hard and have bought in to the program. We just don't have the offense to hang with a team like Creighton...especially with Marcus out. Hopefully we can steal one of the road games next week.
TNMSUFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball