CREIGHTON VS MSU 7PM

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: CREIGHTON VS MSU 7PM

Postby Deanthonybowdenfan » January 12th, 2013, 12:13 am

How old are your guards? I was under the impression that yall play 4 freshmen , a couple sophomores , and one senior? If thats true you should be pretty good in 2 years.
Deanthonybowdenfan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TNMSUFAN » January 12th, 2013, 12:31 am

Deanthonybowden wrote:How old are your guards? I was under the impression that yall play 4 freshmen , a couple sophomores , and one senior? If thats true you should be pretty good in 2 years.

For the first 4 Valley games we started 3 frosh, 1 soph and 1 senior. Tonight we changed it because Marcus was out, Dorrian has the flu and Drew tweaked his knee last game. We are playing so much better now but still have a long way to go. We only have 1 senior and Gulley will be back next year...probably add at least 1 juco maybe 2 depending on some things.
TNMSUFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby saluki762 » January 12th, 2013, 2:57 am

Deanthonybowden wrote:after goin winless against D1 teams out of conference, they will finish with a .500 record in mvc play.

I will take some of this action. No way MSU finishes with a .500 conference record.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 12th, 2013, 8:50 am

TNMSUFAN wrote:
Deanthonybowden wrote:I gotta give Missouri State some credit, if i was a fan of theirs id be proud. They played with more intensity than anyone weve played this year and after goin winless against D1 teams out of conference, they will finish with a .500 record in mvc play. They play great defense!
Im not sure why we didnt give it in to Greg more, i thought he would of been automatic against them.

Creighton has such a nice team...one of the best I have seen in the MVC in a while. So many offensive weapons and size to go with it. We are limited right now but our guys really played hard and have bought in to the program. We just don't have the offense to hang with a team like Creighton...especially with Marcus out. Hopefully we can steal one of the road games next week.

You guys have a lot of young, quick and athletic talent. Obviously in the post is where you are the most vulnerable, but that is a problem shared by a lot of MVC schools. I haven't really seen MSU until this game and wish that I could have seen Marshall.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 12th, 2013, 10:02 am

TNMSUFAN wrote:
Deanthonybowden wrote:How old are your guards? I was under the impression that yall play 4 freshmen , a couple sophomores , and one senior? If thats true you should be pretty good in 2 years.

For the first 4 Valley games we started 3 frosh, 1 soph and 1 senior. Tonight we changed it because Marcus was out, Dorrian has the flu and Drew tweaked his knee last game. We are playing so much better now but still have a long way to go. We only have 1 senior and Gulley will be back next year...probably add at least 1 juco maybe 2 depending on some things.

Don't add a juco because you will be criticized.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TNMSUFAN » January 12th, 2013, 11:04 am

Ricardo del Rio wrote:Don't add a juco because you will be criticized.

Like you guys we have been pretty fortunate with our jucos lately...Downing, Gulley, Mallett and Ricks the last 4 years. If we had gotten Hicks to campus and Gulley didn't get hurt things would be much different...but part of it.
TNMSUFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TNMSUFAN » January 12th, 2013, 11:24 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:You guys have a lot of young, quick and athletic talent. Obviously in the post is where you are the most vulnerable, but that is a problem shared by a lot of MVC schools. I haven't really seen MSU until this game and wish that I could have seen Marshall.

Marshall is very good...one of the best all-around freshman guards I have seen in a Bears uniform and I have been following the program since the early 80's. We have some pieces and another decent class coming in next year...just need some experience.
TNMSUFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby jackwagon » January 12th, 2013, 11:41 am

TNMSUFAN wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:You guys have a lot of young, quick and athletic talent. Obviously in the post is where you are the most vulnerable, but that is a problem shared by a lot of MVC schools. I haven't really seen MSU until this game and wish that I could have seen Marshall.

Marshall is very good...one of the best all-around freshman guards I have seen in a Bears uniform and I have been following the program since the early 80's. We have some pieces and another decent class coming in next year...just need some experience.

He is a good guard. Him and Gavin is a nice duo to build off of. Not seeing a lot else to like though on the bears current roster. Downing is a nice player but he will be gone next year
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TNMSUFAN » January 12th, 2013, 12:43 pm

jackwagon wrote:He is a good guard. Him and Gavin is a nice duo to build off of. Not seeing a lot else to like though on the bears current roster. Downing is a nice player but he will be gone next year

Nothing wrong with Pickens, Scheer, Kirk and Gulley...Dorrian, Drew and Simpson are good role players. McCullough, Ruder and Thomas are a good start to the next class...1 or 2 jucos will really help.
Last edited by TNMSUFAN on January 12th, 2013, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TNMSUFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » January 12th, 2013, 4:22 pm

TNMSUFAN wrote:
jackwagon wrote:He is a good guard. Him and Gavin is a nice duo to build off of. Not seeing a lot else to like though on the bears current roster. Downing is a nice player but he will be gone next year

Nothing wrong with Pickens, Scheer and Gulley...Dorrian, Drew and Simpson are good role players. McCullough, Ruder and Thomas are a good start to the next class...1 or 2 jucos will really help.

Christian Kirk hasn't been showing it lately but a lot of us still have high hopes for him. He's 6'7" with pretty good athleticism. Just a sophomore.

I agree that Marshall is one of the better Valley guards I've seen as a freshmen. If we can just keep this group of youngsters together and add a few pieces we'll be fine.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball