Can everyone just act like adults here please?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby ihsi » January 11th, 2013, 10:19 am

No further message.
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Can everyone just act like adults here please?

Postby TheAsianSensation » January 11th, 2013, 10:49 am

Guys and gals,

Play nice with each other. I'm not asking you all to be BFFs with each other. But I know some of you like to get under the skin of others and some of you like to incite things. Don't bait each other.

I'm very much a hands off guy, but if we start seeing whole threads created with that purpose, we'll start calling people into the principal's office.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 11th, 2013, 10:50 am

TheAsianSensation wrote:Guys and gals,

Play nice with each other. I'm not asking you all to be BFFs with each other. But I know some of you like to get under the skin of others and some of you like to incite things. Don't bait each other.

I'm very much a hands off guy, but if we start seeing whole threads created with that purpose, we'll start calling people into the principal's office.

Probably ought to lock the Notable Notes thread then too, right?

After all, that is the thread that opened Pandora's Box and was obviously intended to elicit the same types of responses.
Last edited by DoubleJayAlum on January 11th, 2013, 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheAsianSensation » January 11th, 2013, 10:53 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
TheAsianSensation wrote:Guys and gals,

Probably ought to lock the Notable Notes thread then too, right?

I'm working my way down the topic list. No one reported a single thing in that thread so I'm not there yet.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby TheAsianSensation » January 11th, 2013, 11:02 am

Yeah, that one's locked too.

Guys, it's simple. When a thread stops being about a MVC topic and starts being about the individual posters, that's when things start getting locked/deleted.
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 11th, 2013, 11:26 am

ihsi wrote:No further message.

Go away if you don't like frank and/or unfriendly discussion. This is a sports message board and sports are a simulation of war. The discussion between competing teams' fans should be unfriendly if not downright rude. If you can't handle it, go find a forum more suitable to your childlike sensibilities.

Here is a suggestion:

http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/sewingclasses/board.pl

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 11th, 2013, 11:30 am

TheAsianSensation wrote:Yeah, that one's locked too.

Guys, it's simple. When a thread stops being about a MVC topic and starts being about the individual posters, that's when things start getting locked/deleted.

Good work ASensation. Now, as a moderator, let's fade back into the background. The more you interact with the whiners, the more they will whine. This is a message board for grown adults. Adults in society know they can't whine when their feelings are hurt (unless they call their mommy). The ones whining need to be told that they are most likely in a forum that doesn't coincide with their physical/and or emotional development level.

Now, go back to monitoring for spam, advertising, and/or threats of violence. Thanks again for your efforts in controlling these nuisances.

T

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ihsi » January 11th, 2013, 11:30 am

C0|db|00ded wrote:

Go away if you don't like frank and/or unfriendly discussion. This is a sports message board and sports are a simulation of war. The discussion between competing teams' fans should be unfriendly if not downright rude. If you can't handle it, go find a forum more suitable to your childlike sensibilities.

I enjoy discussing basketball on a basketball message board not reading through 2 or 3 people's pissing match. Go figure.
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 11th, 2013, 11:33 am

ihsi wrote:
C0|db|00ded wrote:

I enjoy discussing basketball on a basketball message board not reading through 2 or 3 people's pissing match. Go figure.

That's why you skip over the threads you don't want to read. Pissing matches are 99% what sports message boards are all about. Stats are for the newspaper.

Your displeasure (crying) has been noted. Take any other feelings of emotional pain to your mommy.

Thanks,

T

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 11th, 2013, 11:48 am

TheAsianSensation wrote:Yeah, that one's locked too.

Interesting.

Why was that thread was allowed to remain unlocked for several days while the others were locked after only a couple of hours?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball