Can everyone just act like adults here please?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Can everyone just act like adults here please?

Postby shoxrox » January 11th, 2013, 12:01 pm

The original thread by ISASO actually didn't incite anybody. It was more of a toot your own horn type of thread. It wasn't anything like what the BJ fan created this morning. Now that was a straight bait thread.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jays26 » January 11th, 2013, 1:12 pm

shoxrox wrote:The original thread by ISASO actually didn't incite anybody. It was more of a toot your own horn type of thread. It wasn't anything like what the BJ fan created this morning. Now that was a straight bait thread.

Don't kid yourself....they were both POS threads.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 11th, 2013, 1:33 pm

shoxrox wrote:The original thread by ISASO actually didn't incite anybody. It was more of a toot your own horn type of thread. It wasn't anything like what the BJ fan created this morning. Now that was a straight bait thread.

Please. They were both the exact same thing.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RoyalShock » January 11th, 2013, 1:46 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
TheAsianSensation wrote:Yeah, that one's locked too.

Guys, it's simple. When a thread stops being about a MVC topic and starts being about the individual posters, that's when things start getting locked/deleted.

Interesting.

Why was that thread was allowed to remain unlocked for several days while the others were locked after only a couple of hours?

Speaking for myself, mods don't read every post, or even every topic, for that matter. I know I don't have time for that and I'm guessing none of the other mods do, either. We catch some things as we run across them. Thus, we rely on others reporting questionable or inappropriate posts/topics.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 11th, 2013, 1:50 pm

RoyalShock wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:
TheAsianSensation wrote:Yeah, that one's locked too.

Guys, it's simple. When a thread stops being about a MVC topic and starts being about the individual posters, that's when things start getting locked/deleted.

Interesting.

Why was that thread was allowed to remain unlocked for several days while the others were locked after only a couple of hours?

Speaking for myself, mods don't read every post, or even every topic, for that matter. I know I don't have time for that and I'm guessing none of the other mods do, either. We catch some things as we run across them. Thus, we rely on others reporting questionable or inappropriate posts/topics.

Thus, we rely on others reporting questionable or inappropriate posts/topics.

Now you've done it. Prepare for 3 million post/thread reports over the foreseeable future.

I would have said something like: The moderators do their best to remain fair and impartial. Please understand that any perceived imbalance in moderative actions was not intentional. KTHXBAI!

T

...:cool:
Last edited by C0|db|00ded on January 11th, 2013, 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheAsianSensation » January 11th, 2013, 1:54 pm

Just to be clear, I agree the original thread start by ISASO wasn't what warranted the locking - it was the derailment of the thread later on that caused it. The other 2 I locked were both bait threads from the start.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 11th, 2013, 2:14 pm

TheAsianSensation wrote:

Just to be clear, I agree the original thread start by ISASO wasn't what warranted the locking - it was the derailment of the thread later on that caused it. The other 2 I locked were both bait threads from the start.

Out of curiosity, why was that thread not considered a bait thread? What other possible purpose could that thread have been started for?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RoyalShock » January 11th, 2013, 2:25 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
TheAsianSensation wrote:

Out of curiosity, why was that thread not considered a bait thread? What other possible purpose could that thread have been started for?

Independent of the post you're asking about, the end of the path you're taking with this question is having a policy that any and every post that could be considered questionable gets deleted, without comment or discussion.

That said, should any post that mentions significant dates or events at Creighton be considered bait? What about SIU? UNI? Drake? Or just WSU? The post in question didn't even mention CU, or any other current Valley member.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 11th, 2013, 2:36 pm

RoyalShock wrote:Independent of the post you're asking about, the end of the path you're taking with this question is having a policy that any and every post that could be considered questionable gets deleted, without comment or discussion.

Well, in all fairness, that does seem to be the policy that was followed this morning.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shoxrox » January 11th, 2013, 2:41 pm

Can you not talk about one's own team without it qualifying as trolling?
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball