3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Re: ESPN Analyst Andy Katz - Creighton vs Wichita State

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 12th, 2013, 12:33 pm

Deanthonybowden wrote:Of course Wichita can COMPETE with Creighton. I think Creighton is a better team but not by a lot. Also, i think Wichita has the chance to still improve vastly over the season. By the end of the year Wichita mite have some losses and may not be RANKED in the top 20 but could be a top 15 team if they improve to their potential. Id like to get the opinion of shocker fans on this.
I still think Creighton is a little bit too much for Wichita and will go into Wichita and give them a wake up call. CU by 10 in the Cock Barn.

In actuality, it will be the Rent-A-Center kids that will be receiving the wake up call. I'm not saying we are going to win the game, but we have faced plenty of unathletic, hot-shooting white boys. The BJ however, hasn't seen the likes of an Orupke (one of the best shot-blockers in the nation) or Cleanthony Early - probably one of the most versatile big men in the nation (and not too shabby of a shot-blocker himself).

If you drain 3's on us all day then it will be a great game and closely contested. If you aren't shooting too well, then things most likely will go sour for Club BJ on the 19th. SoW did not impress me last year so I am PRAYING that he does something this year against us. He will have to conquer an inside presence unlike anything he's faced in his college career.

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bluejays2010 » January 12th, 2013, 12:37 pm

3ontheway wrote:the 30 pt win vs. drake was in the rented facility the city of omaha lets cu play in, not in des moines.

Honest question? What's the deal with the fixation that Creighton plays in the Centurylink Center? I could understand if it was half full every night but it is continually sold out and top 10 nationally in attendance. It would be ignorant for Creighton to build an arena to seat 18,000+ when they have one already they can use just blocks away. I'm new and not looking to attack, just curious and hoping to hear opinions.
Bluejays2010
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby Aces1982 » January 12th, 2013, 12:41 pm

Bluejays2010 wrote:
3ontheway wrote:the 30 pt win vs. drake was in the rented facility the city of omaha lets cu play in, not in des moines.

Honest question? What's the deal with the fixation that Creighton plays in the Centurylink Center? I could understand if it was half full every night but it is continually sold out and top 10 nationally in attendance. It would be ignorant for Creighton to build an arena to seat 18,000+ when they have one already they can use just blocks away. I'm new and not looking to attack, just curious and hoping to hear opinions.

One word.....jealous. Who ever makes fun is jealous that that is not their team getting 18,000 a night in a nice arena.

It really is pretty childish on their part but this is the kind of thing that gets some people off.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 12th, 2013, 12:46 pm

Bluejays2010 wrote:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Club BJ couldn't afford to spruce up their old rented barn (the forum?) so they let the taxpayers of Omaha build them a new one. It's a great deal.. in a welfare kind of way. Expenses nearly match revenues and there are a lot of people robbing Peter to pay Paul. Massive ticket giveaways/promos maintain an appearance of success while the residents of Omaha cover any losses. Lots of Obama fans in Omaha I would suspect.

T

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 12th, 2013, 12:52 pm

Aces1982 wrote:
Bluejays2010 wrote:

One word.....jealous. Who ever makes fun is jealous that that is not their team getting 18,000 a night in a nice arena.

It really is pretty childish on their part but this is the kind of thing that gets some people off.

The BJ athletic director admitted he would take Koch Arena over the Quiet Link Center. I have the quote somewhere.

Also, I talked with a member of the Shocker athletic department this fall and he told me that representatives of Club BJ had been visiting Koch Arena facilities over the summer "in an attempt to remain competitive". There is no jealousy in Wichita, I can assure you of that. Members of Club BJ come to Wichita to take tours of our NBA-like facilities.

T

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jaycat17 » January 12th, 2013, 1:45 pm

This game comes down to one thing and one thing only.. We have Doug and you don't.. It's that simple. You double and/or triple team him its a matter of when and not if we start draining the 3 ball.. You play him man up and the decible level of that university-owned building (oh my god how proud you all must feel!!) will be in the single digits..

You better start praying now we have a cold night shooting.

That's all
jaycat17
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 12th, 2013, 1:50 pm

jaycat17 wrote:This game comes down to one thing and one thing only.. We have Doug and you don't.. It's that simple. You double and/or triple team him its a matter of when and not if we start draining the 3 ball.. You play him man up and the decible level of that university-owned building (oh my god how proud you all must feel!!) will be in the single digits..

That's all

T

C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WhiskeySierraUniform » January 12th, 2013, 1:52 pm

jaycat17 wrote:This game comes down to one thing and one thing only.. We have Doug and you don't.. It's that simple. You double and/or triple team him its a matter of when and not if we start draining the 3 ball.. You play him man up and the decible level of that university-owned building (oh my god how proud you all must feel!!) will be in the single digits..

That's all

You're not very good at this...
"I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." Anthony Kiedis
WhiskeySierraUniform
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Jays26 » January 12th, 2013, 2:00 pm

That's all

I don't think Cud is a praying man....but he might want to convert before the 19th. I just hope we don't have to witness Gregggggggg have a melt down in his home barn. Have a feeling we might see him cry. :D
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball