ESPN Analyst Andy Katz - Creighton vs Wichita State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: ESPN Analyst Andy Katz - Creighton vs Wichita State

Postby Jays26 » January 12th, 2013, 2:02 pm

WhiskeySierraUniform wrote:
jaycat17 wrote:This game comes down to one thing and one thing only.. We have Doug and you don't.. It's that simple. You double and/or triple team him its a matter of when and not if we start draining the 3 ball.. You play him man up and the decible level of that university-owned building (oh my god how proud you all must feel!!) will be in the single digits..

You better start praying now we have a cold night shooting.

That's all

You're not very good at this...

Actually...you're not very good at it. :bounce:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jaycat17 » January 12th, 2013, 2:04 pm

WhiskeySierraUniform wrote:
jaycat17 wrote:This game comes down to one thing and one thing only.. We have Doug and you don't.. It's that simple. You double and/or triple team him its a matter of when and not if we start draining the 3 ball.. You play him man up and the decible level of that university-owned building (oh my god how proud you all must feel!!) will be in the single digits..

That's all

You're not very good at this...

Not good at what? Being a douche? I guess I'll take that as a compliment..
jaycat17
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Snaggletooth » January 12th, 2013, 2:15 pm

jaycat17 wrote:This game comes down to one thing and one thing only.. We have Doug and you don't.. It's that simple. You double and/or triple team him its a matter of when and not if we start draining the 3 ball

That's all

Or Marshall just might put cotton on him. I believe cotton in his last 4 games - whoever he has guarded has only scored 5 pts.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 3ontheway » January 12th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Bluejays2010 wrote:
3ontheway wrote:the 30 pt win vs. drake was in the rented facility the city of omaha lets cu play in, not in des moines.

Honest question? What's the deal with the fixation that Creighton plays in the Centurylink Center? I could understand if it was half full every night but it is continually sold out and top 10 nationally in attendance. It would be ignorant for Creighton to build an arena to seat 18,000+ when they have one already they can use just blocks away. I'm new and not looking to attack, just curious and hoping to hear opinions.

welcome to the board bluejays2010. i was making fun of these wichiturd fans always trying to point out that the NBA level arena the Jays play in, with almost 17k per game watching, is a city owned arena not owned by cu. it plays into the general Napoleon/inferiority complex quite well. same thing with baseball in the spring, they get really hacked off that the jays now play in td ameritrade, and that the park is also rented. it is not a big deal at all, unless you are a wichiturd fan that feels inferior for no apparent reason and makes a big deal of it. :Bam:

and just to clarify as you may be new to the board, I'm a CU fan and alum.

R

... :D
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby CBB_Fan » January 12th, 2013, 3:27 pm

That's all

Wichita State does not double-team. They didn't double team him last year and they won't this year. It won't be Doug that gives Creighton an advantage, it will be Wragge, Chatman, Echenique, and Gibbs. Creighton wins if the offense of the rest of their team beats the defense from the rest of Wichita State.

Also, don't forget that Doug only averaged 12.5 points versus Wichita State last year and 9 points the year before. The most he has EVER scored against Wichita State is 13.
CBB_Fan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Hunter » January 12th, 2013, 3:47 pm

I am heading down to Wichita next Saturday for the game with 7 buddies. The plan is to arrive around 12 pm. Do any of the Wichita fans have any (serious) suggestions on where to grab a good lunch and some beers? Thank you in advance.
Hunter
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Bluejays2010 » January 12th, 2013, 3:48 pm

C0|db|00ded wrote:
Bluejays2010 wrote:
3ontheway wrote:the 30 pt win vs. drake was in the rented facility the city of omaha lets cu play in, not in des moines.

Honest question? What's the deal with the fixation that Creighton plays in the Centurylink Center? I could understand if it was half full every night but it is continually sold out and top 10 nationally in attendance. It would be ignorant for Creighton to build an arena to seat 18,000+ when they have one already they can use just blocks away. I'm new and not looking to attack, just curious and hoping to hear opinions.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Club BJ couldn't afford to spruce up their old rented barn (the forum?) so they let the taxpayers of Omaha build them a new one. It's a great deal.. in a welfare kind of way. Expenses nearly match revenues and there are a lot of people robbing Peter to pay Paul. Massive ticket giveaways/promos maintain an appearance of success while the residents of Omaha cover any losses. Lots of Obama fans in Omaha I would suspect.

T

...:cool:

Seriously?! I was giving you guys the benefit of the doubt but wow. I'm so glad that Creighton University 'let' the city build the arena. Ya know that one that has held NCAA tournament games twice, USA Olympic swim trials twice, NCAA volleyball national championships, USA figure skating championships, and countless concerts and other events. That was sure nice of Creighton to let the taxpayers pay for that, especially since its clearly for basketball only and greedy because they didn't want to build their own.

I'm glad you take pride in your own facilities and you should, as any fan would. But you lose all credibility the moment you insult any team for selling out an NBA sized arena for a Missouri Valley team.
Bluejays2010
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby 3ontheway » January 12th, 2013, 4:00 pm

word to the wise bluejays2010, and just trust me on this one, they don't deserve anything close to the benefit of the doubt, but it was nice of you to say that. :Cheers:
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Snaggletooth » January 12th, 2013, 4:28 pm

Hunter wrote:I am heading down to Wichita next Saturday for the game with 7 buddies. The plan is to arrive around 12 pm. Do any of the Wichita fans have any (serious) suggestions on where to grab a good lunch and some beers? Thank you in advance.

There is some good places on grove street. Also there are some good sports bars u can stop at on south broadway.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ictjay » January 12th, 2013, 4:53 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:
Hunter wrote:I am heading down to Wichita next Saturday for the game with 7 buddies. The plan is to arrive around 12 pm. Do any of the Wichita fans have any (serious) suggestions on where to grab a good lunch and some beers? Thank you in advance.

There is some good places on grove street. Also there are some good sports bars u can stop at on south broadway.

Very weird. PM me Hunter. FYI Mvcfans, most Shocker fans down here are normal. The insecure, weird ones post here and on SN. I've met 4-5 and they are just flat out odd. Sorry everyone has to read all the crap.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball