Wichita State at Evansville, Sunday, Jan 13th

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita State at Evansville, Sunday, Jan 13th

Postby acesrmyteam » January 13th, 2013, 10:32 pm

great effort by the aces tonight, crowd was better, not bigger yet, but louder when we needed it. UE did not play their best game, did not shoot the ball that well, and still found a way to win.

coldblooded, you are dead to me, we're here to talk basketball not attack the student athletes or make racist comments, will never read your posts again.
acesrmyteam
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Aces0976 » January 13th, 2013, 11:01 pm

I couldn't help myself on the last post about the super bowl, sorry. About the game, I too, was incredibly impressed with WSU considering what they were missing. I genuinely hope our team could look that good without 3 starters, that is very impressive depth for the shockers. Just getting Carl Hall back will make them MUCH harder to match up with. I know he didn't have his best game, but you can tell Early is a stud with all the tools, he's going to be scary next year. I was impressed with how much Orukpe has improved. One thing that stuck out to me was how WSU failed to exploit the mismatches. UE was switching on a lot of screens and it seemed like half the time Early ended up down low with Cox or Taylor matched up on him, but I don't think they got him the ball one time when they had the obvious advantage. I'm not complaining, but I found myself wincing every time I'd see Cox or Taylor bodying up with him down low but they never made us pay.
Aces0976
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby cu36 » January 13th, 2013, 11:25 pm

So Evansville won their Super Bowl. Tell me Shocker fans, who is your Super Bowl? Honestly there is only one answer. I'm not going to say that Creighton will beat you in in either game, but are you willing to admit it is a huge game for you?
cu36
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby cu36 » January 13th, 2013, 11:30 pm

Sorry to hijack the thread. Didn't mean to do that at all. Certainly didn't mean to take anything away from what Evansville just accomplished. Good win by Evansville. I will move on to a new thread.
cu36
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby pafan » January 13th, 2013, 11:37 pm

cu36 wrote:So Evansville won their Super Bowl. Tell me Shocker fans, who is your Super Bowl? Honestly there is only one answer.

And its the return game with Evansville. Siri tells me that HCGM has circled the 27th of February on his iPhone with a sharpened #2 pencil, and Siri is not pleased. 8-)
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby iSASO » January 14th, 2013, 6:55 am

pafan wrote:
cu36 wrote:So Evansville won their Super Bowl. Tell me Shocker fans, who is your Super Bowl? Honestly there is only one answer.

And its the return game with Evansville. Siri tells me that HCGM has circled the 27th of February on his iPhone with a sharpened #2 pencil, and Siri is not pleased. 8-)

And we promise to have a couple of more starters play in that game.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shockem » January 14th, 2013, 8:17 am

evansville did a good job of making our big guys non-factors. They forced our guards into a ridiculous number of turnovers. Early sat the bench most of the first half which is one of the reasons he looked unimpressive. As somene said earlier, we have been skating by the last few weeks (barely beating BU and SIU) so it will be nice to have Hall back.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » January 14th, 2013, 8:22 am

Congrats E'ville...very nice win.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 14th, 2013, 9:45 am

acesrmyteam wrote:great effort by the aces tonight, crowd was better, not bigger yet, but louder when we needed it. UE did not play their best game, did not shoot the ball that well, and still found a way to win.

coldblooded, you are dead to me, we're here to talk basketball not attack the student athletes or make racist comments, will never read your posts again.

Your comment indicates you are a complete tool and/or sheep. :Violin: Nothing I said was racist. I LIKE BLACK BALLPLAYERS. They are quicker, jump higher, have longer arms, and bigger hands. It's just a fact. And guess what, our coach likes them too. :Cheers:

rac·ism [rey-siz-uh m]

noun

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

Get educated son.

T

...:cool:
Last edited by C0|db|00ded on January 14th, 2013, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby C0|db|00ded » January 14th, 2013, 9:48 am

cu36 wrote:So Evansville won their Super Bowl. Tell me Shocker fans, who is your Super Bowl? Honestly there is only one answer. I'm not going to say that Creighton will beat you in in either game, but are you willing to admit it is a huge game for you?

BJ a superbowl? :Bam:

We fill our building no matter who comes to town. You continue to set new attendance records every time we come to your town. It's an important game for us if we want to repeat as conference champions.

Now, if we played KU, that would be a superbowl.

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball