Nice run Shockers w/o 3 Starters

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby WuShock Reaper » January 13th, 2013, 5:57 pm

Still very proud of you Shockers.. Played a lot a games without three starters. Hopefully we get one player back this week and another player in just a couple of weeks. Don't forget a lot of people picked you to be the 5th place team this year and you are doing much better then 5th.

Go Shockers!!!
WuShock Reaper
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Nice run Shockers w/o 3 Starters

Postby shoxrox » January 13th, 2013, 6:03 pm

Good post.

You take for granted with how many wins this team piles up year after year that everything should be smooth as gravy. Then you consider the injury situation, and how much they've played above what was expected of them. I'm proud and ecstatic.

15-2, 4-1.

I think I would have taken it before the year began. Sure beats 80% of the league.
USA Today Coaches Top 25 Poll Conference Breakdown:

MVC: 1
WCC: 1
Atlantic Ten: 1
MWC: 1
Big East: 1

The Big East is Big Time.
shoxrox
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Heinro » January 13th, 2013, 6:08 pm

A month ago if someone had told me the Shocks would be 15-2 before getting Carl Hall back I'd have been quite happy.
Thoughts and prayers to WSU finding a new conference.
Heinro
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ace Dad » January 13th, 2013, 6:15 pm

I will give you a different perspective: if all players were healthy you still could be 14-2 or 13-3 because basketball is about the team, chemistry, and match ups. Having all 3 players would not have guaranteed not losing.

Credit to your players and Coach Marshall for pulling this off. I bet no other D-1 team has gotten off to a 14-1 start with 3 injured players.

Good luck the rest of the year. Your depth is going to be great by the NCAAs.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PorkTornado » January 13th, 2013, 6:33 pm

No doubt that was an impressive run and something Shocker fans should be proud of.
PorkTornado
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ace Dad » January 16th, 2013, 1:14 pm

Mississippi State, coached by Rick Ray (former ISU B Assistant Coach) and Assistant Coach Chris Hollender (former Aces Assistant Coach) are dealing with injuries to the point of the coaches practicing against the players.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... o/1839641/
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LanceShock » January 16th, 2013, 2:49 pm

Ace Dad wrote:Mississippi State, coached by Rick Ray (former ISU B Assistant Coach) and Assistant Coach Chris Hollender (former Aces Assistant Coach) are dealing with injuries to the point of the coaches practicing against the players.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... o/1839641/

I think some of the WSU coaches had to do the same thing for a little while during Marshall's first year at WSU.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball