Redbirds at Shockers

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Redbirds at Shockers

Postby glm38 » January 14th, 2013, 5:41 pm

I would be really nervous about this one if I was a WSU fan. WSU is the better team. But Ill State has to be feeling desperate. And they do have argauably the best post player in the conference. Should be interesting.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 14th, 2013, 8:56 pm

Watch out for the Pablum.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » January 16th, 2013, 6:56 am

I'll call it. Three game losing streak for the Shockers. It all comes together for the 'Birds tonight.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird23 » January 16th, 2013, 12:54 pm

Does anyone know if Brown is reinstated? Itd be stupid if they didnt :huh:
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby LJay » January 16th, 2013, 1:16 pm

glm38 wrote:I would be really nervous about this one if I was a WSU fan. WSU is the better team. But Ill State has to be feeling desperate. And they do have argauably the best post player in the conference. Should be interesting.

+1 The Redbird team that played Creighton was good. I can't figure out what happened. If THEY figure out what happened they can beat anybody, anywhere.

WSU plays great D but watching their stammering and stuttering offense is painful. Perhaps with Hall back it will begin to smooth out and flow better.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » January 16th, 2013, 1:51 pm

Will WS be looking ahead??????
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shocktheheart » January 16th, 2013, 2:01 pm

Jays26 wrote:Will WS be looking ahead??????

Might be...Missouri St. always does play well at home.

:D
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockem » January 16th, 2013, 2:04 pm

Jays26 wrote:Will WS be looking ahead??????

I hope not. The fans might be, but I'm sure the coaching staff and team know what Jackie and the rest of the team are capable of. We still have that bitter taste in our mouths from St. Louis. Not to mention, Hall will be back so that should keep the crowd and the team fired up. I hope Ill State doesn't go Creighton on him and start chopping at his hand like they did that kid from North Carolina.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » January 16th, 2013, 2:45 pm

I hope Ill State doesn't go Creighton on him and start chopping at his hand like they did that kid from North Carolina.

I hope not also.....they better leave that for us on Sat! :bounce:
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby kochhead22 » January 16th, 2013, 3:09 pm

Jays26 wrote:
I hope Ill State doesn't go Creighton on him and start chopping at his hand like they did that kid from North Carolina.

I hope not also.....they better leave that for us on Sat! :bounce:

I know the CU player/s got a bunch of crap for that last year after they played UNC and from what i can remember once or twice it looked somewhat intentional and hard, but that's the risk you take by playing an injured player, other teams are going to get more physical and go after that player. Would/Will i be happy if they go after Carl's thumb on Saturday? F**k no, but we're taking a chance on playing him pretty early after being cleared to play. If GE had an injury like that and we were playing CU after him being fresh off the injury, i'm wanting WSU players to play him a little rougher. Just my thoughts on that situation.

EDIT - Looking at the game tonight, i hope Marshall has been on them all week and we get the W. I'm thinking it'll be a pretty competitive game and i'll take WSU by 8.
kochhead22
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball