Haha wrote: If they went football option NDSU is the only one I would like to see considered, if they weren't located in Canada I would be a much bigger proponent of them.
This comment brings me to the question of what matters when looking for replacement teams
should we care about:
1. Past performance (yes, to some extent)
2. Future potential (yes, to some extent - maybe more than past performance)
3. Fanbase (absolutely. The last thing the MVC needs is to replace with a school who doesn't care about basketball)
4. Funding (MOST IMPORTANT due to correlation between funding and WINS)
5. Location (in my opinion.... not so much - unless we are talking about schools in different time zones and those challenges)
6. Arenas (this gets backt o funding and committment. Schools who are looking to improve their facilities/have nice facilities show commitment to basketball).