Gregg Marshall on moving to Wichita State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Gregg Marshall on moving to Wichita State

Postby WhiskeySierraUniform » January 22nd, 2013, 4:10 pm

rjl wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:
rjl wrote:Actually, the comments were made in an article that came out yesterday.

It appears as if both coaches were just responding to a line of questioning by the reporter and not actively attempting to gripe about the conference.

Fair enough, although this does sound a little whiny:

"Drake had that magical run in 2008, Northern Iowa went to the Sweet Sixteen in 2010 and then in 2011, Indiana State wins the tournament when we were the best team along with Missouri State. Last year, we finally got two teams," Marshall said.

I do not think it sounds whiny, but rather anecdotally addresses the issue posed in the question head on.

The number 1 and 2 teams in the league did not make the NCAA tournament because neither won the Valley Tournament. Only the automatic bid got into the tournament that year. When the reporter is asking about the lack of bids the Valley has received over the last few years, that's a pretty good story to bring up.

You should listen to double bj...he knows a lot about whining.
"I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." Anthony Kiedis
WhiskeySierraUniform
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Re: Gregg Marshall on moving to Wichita State

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball