Shox @ Bears 7 PM Jan 23

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Shox @ Bears 7 PM Jan 23

Postby SHOXMVC » January 23rd, 2013, 10:03 pm

shocktheheart wrote:I wonder if Thurman is going to be the next Johnny Murdock or Kyle Weems who sticks it to his home state school over four years

Cut throats 3-7 record vs. us isn't exactly sticking it to us.
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shocktheheart » January 23rd, 2013, 10:04 pm

SHOXMVC wrote:
shocktheheart wrote:I wonder if Thurman is going to be the next Johnny Murdock or Kyle Weems who sticks it to his home state school over four years

What was Murdock...he seemed deadly against the Shox?
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SHOXMVC » January 23rd, 2013, 10:06 pm

shocktheheart wrote:
SHOXMVC wrote:

What was Murdock...he seemed deadly against the Shox?

Not sure, but was 100% more classy than dyk-head.
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby shocktheheart » January 23rd, 2013, 10:07 pm

Cut throats 3-7 record vs. us isn't exactly sticking it to us.[/quote]

What was Murdock...he seemed deadly against the Shox?[/quote]

Not sure, but was 100% more classy than dyk-head.[/quote]

Very true...good kid was Johnny
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SHOXMVC » January 23rd, 2013, 10:18 pm

shocktheheart wrote:Cut throats 3-7 record vs. us isn't exactly sticking it to us.

What was Murdock...he seemed deadly against the Shox?[/quote]

Not sure, but was 100% more classy than dyk-head.[/quote]

Very true...good kid was Johnny[/quote]

I hate losing good talent on and off the court to Valley foes...I just ask you carry yourself with dignity and respect.
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby rlh04d » January 23rd, 2013, 10:54 pm

That 19 point (I believe?) run by Bradley at one point was one of the ugliest streaks I've seen from the Shockers in years. Possibly the ugliest under Marshall.

Glad they turned it around and pulled it out. That one kid could not freaking miss for a hell of a long time. That 3 he made with Early in his face was impressive.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby moshock » January 24th, 2013, 8:02 am

I was glad the Shox won. MSU played good defense but couldn't handle Early and Hall.

I am also glad to see MSU starting to mature. Gavin played well and so did Marcus Marshall. If Lusk brings in a player or two that are ready to play from day 1, they could be a handful next season.

Good game Bears. :Cheers:
moshock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BEARZ77 » January 24th, 2013, 4:51 pm

As some of us indicated at the start of the year, Marcus Marshall and Thurman have very good chances to be all-valley type players the next 3 years. If Gulley returns at close to his 100% self, which right now looks promising, the Bears will not be down more than this year. We need to add a juco 4/5 type to augment what we hope 6'10 Tyler McCullough will bring to the team next year, but other than that, I'm very optimistic about the next 3-4 years. Lusk seems to have made adjustments in his offensive approach from early this year, and our defense is a constant even w/o any significant post presence.

Again I find it funny that a few shox fans simply can't bring themselves to admit that Thurman had a scholy offer in hand and turned it down. What happened after that was both parties moving on, but facts are if Gavin had wanted to be a Shocker he could have been one.

i think next year looms very interesting especially if Early has a chance to go pro this summer. I know GM will field another solid team as he has an eye for talent , but I really like the way our roster is being built if we just will add that juco frontcourt guy and Gulley is indeed ready.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby kochhead22 » January 24th, 2013, 5:25 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Again I find it funny that a few shox fans simply can't bring themselves to admit that Thurman had a scholy offer in hand and turned it down. What happened after that was both parties moving on, but facts are if Gavin had wanted to be a Shocker he could have been one.

I knew we were recruiting him but for some reason and i may be wrong, i thought WSU backed off and/or pulled the scholarship offer back. Like i said, there's a good chance i'm wrong on this or i may have been thinking of a past recruit.
kochhead22
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WuShockNation » January 24th, 2013, 5:38 pm

We told Thurman to wait until the late signing period, and we MIGHT have scholly open. He didnt want to take that chance.
WuShockNation
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball