Evansville @ Bradley

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Evansville @ Bradley

Postby Majik45 » February 5th, 2013, 11:38 am

Big game tonight in Peoria. Bradley can help their chances of getting out of Thursday night, and help bring Evansville back to the mess that is 5th-8th place in the MVC.

If Evansville can get a win, they can distance themselves from that mess and focus on catching Ind. State.

Should be an interesting rematch for sure as Bradley has only lost 2 games at home this year, Michigan and Wichita.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Evansville @ Bradley

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Evansville @ Bradley

Postby MoBraves » February 5th, 2013, 12:37 pm

Majik45 wrote:Big game tonight in Peoria. Bradley can help their chances of getting out of Thursday night, and help bring Evansville back to the mess that is 5th-8th place in the MVC.

If Evansville can get a win, they can distance themselves from that mess and focus on catching Ind. State.

Should be an interesting rematch for sure as Bradley has only lost 2 games at home this year, Michigan and Wichita.

This is Bradley's most winnable game remaining (judging by how they've played on the road).
A loss and I'm pretty sure we're looking at no better than 8th place.

A win also sets BU up for possibly its most meaningful February game since the 2006-'07 season.
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby pafan » February 5th, 2013, 7:54 pm

Halftime
Evansville 33
Bradley 32

BU largest lead came around 11 minutes left. I think it was 16 to 3. I grabbed a :Cheers: at that point, but UE has come back ... BU could take control easily with a couple of quick buckets after half though.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby pafan » February 5th, 2013, 9:00 pm

70-70 with 1:15 left. UE has had to climb back into this one...
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby bradley_brave1989 » February 5th, 2013, 9:08 pm

Majik45 wrote:back to the mess that is 5th-8th place in the MVC.

I would say more like 4th-9th.

Thank god the braves snuck out of there with a win, really needed it. Mark Geno Ford down for Coach of the year if this dead weight that has been Wichita keeps sinking.
GENO!
bradley_brave1989
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby pafan » February 5th, 2013, 9:09 pm

Bradley scores the last six, all from the FT line, and wins 76-70. Seriously.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby Majik45 » February 5th, 2013, 9:38 pm

Bradley has finished games at home this year. This one was back and forth the final 3 minutes with each team scoring every possession. BU finally got a stop when Will Egolf blocked a dunk from behind with BU up 2 and maybe 45 seconds left.

Colt Ryan is a stud. He can score a lot of points in a hurry. Bradley is good at home again, and it will be tough for anyone left on the home slate (besides CU) to come in and get a win.

Geno definitely deserves some coach of the year votes is Bradley can somehow finish 4th or 5th this year.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bradley_brave1989 » February 5th, 2013, 9:40 pm

Majik45 wrote:Colt Ryan is a stud.

Amen brother had a huge shot to tie it at 70.
GENO!
bradley_brave1989
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby sect.3purple » February 5th, 2013, 9:57 pm

Colt Ryan is a super star. Sick feeling tonight, as on many other close games, when I see our chances at post-season play slipping away. What a shame for a player like Ryan. Looks like Colt will have to show his skills at St. Louis. If anyone deserved a little luck, and the opportunity at a game in the NCAA Tournament, it is Colt.

I also thought the calls the last couple of minutes were suspect...the "block" that was really a "charge" and the phantom foul called on Moore when he blocked the ball....still, we had opportunity to win, but the last 2-3 shots didn't fall for us. Story of the year for us during away games.
sect.3purple
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby bradley_brave1989 » February 5th, 2013, 10:39 pm

sect.3purple wrote:Colt Ryan is a super star. Sick feeling tonight, as on many other close games, when I see our chances at post-season play slipping away. What a shame for a player like Ryan. Looks like Colt will have to show his skills at St. Louis. If anyone deserved a little luck, and the opportunity at a game in the NCAA Tournament, it is Colt.

I also thought the calls the last couple of minutes were suspect...the "block" that was really a "charge" and the phantom foul called on Moore when he blocked the ball....still, we had opportunity to win, but the last 2-3 shots didn't fall for us. Story of the year for us during away games.

Agreed with Ryan, always been a fan, same for Odum for the Sycs (hopefully he will get to shine bright come tournament time.) You guys have had some tough close road losses and we have been lucky enough to hit shots down the stretch at home all year(Missouri St, deadbirds, and SIU) Maybe we could hit those shots on the road if we werent down by 25 or more every time we play a quality team on the road.
GENO!
bradley_brave1989
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball